ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picture taking help... pics inside..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=390637

Pics in the link above.

basically i've bought a new camera, using it on manual mode in good light i'm using photometry Multi, ISO 64, exposure 0 then in the shade i'm using ISO 100 - 200 seems to become a bit speckly... i also up the exposure to 2/3..

Alot of my pictures however still appear very dark, or poor quality just wandering if there are any tips to help ?

Also..Can anyone tell me why on the pictures below, the sun is shining on my car which makes the paint look quite deep, however the camera makes the colour look very light instead of a nice deep blue that it is...

Cheers for the help

DSCF0331.jpg

Dark in shaded light - what needs adjusting ?

DSCF0002.jpg

Think that second pic looks alright actually. I'm no expert (and probably wrong), but I think a polarising filter would cure up a bit of that light glare from the first pic, or having a less shiny car ;)

Cupra
Top one looks over exposed to me. Second one has a blown out sky but the car is slightly under exposed.

From the sky, it looks like you were shooting towards the sun in the second pic, that wont have helped the cameras metering. Try and reposition yourself to have the sun behind you.

I see that you are using spot metering too. Try changing that to whatever you camera calls it to look at the whole picture instead of one point, it will give you more balanced exposures.

Next time, take you shot in manual, then take one in A, P or fully auto and see how they compare. You can then check what the camera chose to do, versus what you have done.

Mk2 ph1 clio
On the first one a different appature setting would help. (In manual mode if will appear as F5.6 or something similar, try a higher F stop)

Are these good ? I started off with pretty poor pictures but quick 1 minute edit in photoshop and they look good to me..Do most edit pictures before posting ?

saturdaynigth024.jpg

saturdaynigth029.jpg

saturdaynigth041.jpg

saturdaynigth050.jpg

saturdaynigth045.jpg

saturdaynigth067.jpg

saturdaynigth059.jpg

saturdaynigth078.jpg

saturdaynigth073.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
the night pics look a lot better mate, check you havent got any presets on like heavy contrast or something as the top two look badly exposed, the top being over exposed and the bottom being slightly under with a bleached out sky

TBH it could of been me messing around with the exposure, i always find when taking pictures from low down, out side with bright sky it never picks up the car very well... Anything i'm doing wrong ?

used 3:2 aspect ratio for those too