ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pics of my new H.I.D'S

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
My mate has these in his beemer, happily let him go in front when driving at night as they are sooooo f**king awful when he's behind me, right in the rear view mirror on the lowest setting :mad:

audi a6 3.0tdi
Are they ok to put in the 172mk1 as they have optical lenses???
yeah i've got them in mine, the projectors stop the light scattering everywhere and blinding people. it is so much better driving with H.I.D kits on country roads you can see so much more than with standard bulbs. I just wished i had gone for the bi-xenon ones instead of just dipped beam. Also my kit was a case of plug and play no removing of headlights/ bumpers or anything just replace the bulb and wire it to the ballast and i was away, 5 minutes of a job.

BLACK GOLD 182
HIDs are quality for helping you see sh*t at night but they can blind you when your driving about but i love the look when they are done!

Chelsea tractor
HID's are really only worth it if you have projector lenses

What diff do they make ?

And most cars with projectors are Hid's aren't they ?

HID's emit light in a different pattern to to filament bulbs, mainly due to the nature of their construction. Projector lenses tend to be able to correct the beam better, so as to render the pattern the same, irrespective of whether the bulb is HID or filament.

Not all cars have them though. For instance, the ones that I drive:
Clio 2000 - Projector - Filament bulb
Mercedes 2002 - Normal - HID
Disco3 2005 - Projector - HID
Disco3 2008 - Normal - Filament