ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pics before/after touch up pen

has anyone got any pics of their car before and after using a touch up pen?? I was thinking about using one on my bonnet as there are bloody loads of chips in it! It gets worse every time i look at it :(

like above says, use something smaller to apply, also remove excess with something like scratch x when the paint is dry, i can do them and make them look almost like there not there, your looks like a respray though, as theres so many

Clio 182

Ive had a quote for 275 to have a front end respray and the rear arch replaced, you just gotta look around fella! Respray would be easier tho

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

I would leave it, with that many chips it might be easier just getting a permanent felt tip pen on the white bits.

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 28 May 2005

40 notes at Chips Away :D...............and itll look like new.

Cya Stu

maybe yours did, but how do u know his will? u were obviously lucky with yours, i have a great hatred for chipsaway, my bonnet respray and rear quarter was a ton 50 and you would never now it had been done, was well happy

im sure there was a chipsaway demo station at cribbs causeway in bristol and I showed the guy my bonnet. he said "no, sorry, we dont do bonnets" :confused: :cry: i just stood there "errrrrrrrrrrrrrm...ok then" o_0 im hoping it was a different company!

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 28 May 2005
Ive had a quote for 275 to have a front end respray and the rear arch replaced, you just gotta look around fella! Respray would be easier tho

Jons dad know a good bloke near us mate.

I used one the other week (halfords one). I had as many chips as you, made a big improvement and looks alot better now touched up, the halfords kit is really good imo

any pics mate? :) how long did it take? If chipsaway are too expensive ill give the touch up pen a go - if that fails miserably ill get a respray :D

Will take some tmrw as im finishing it off, takes a while but worth it. The kit from halfords has the usual brush but also has a steel nib on the other end approx 1.5mm so makes it really easy to just dot them, would recommend the kit to anyone

browno

ClioSport Club Member

I think its definitely true about good and bad folks with chipsaway - bloke at work has a brand new Golf GTi, which got a big car park scrape within 3 days of him buying it... Chipsaway came to fix it for him, and the first guy in fact made it worse, adding scratches :eek:, have since seen a second chipsaway guy trying 3 times to sort it!! Dont think the guy with the golf was best pleased!
They also wanted over £200 to sort a scratch on my mums TF (about a foot long single scratch) which I thought was a bit steep!!! Could probably get the door painted for that, I expect...