ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

picked up my new 172 cup today

clio 172 cup
bought my new car today 172 cup very impressed with it,having gone from an evo 5 it seems like its going to be great fun to drive.
couple of things on it though and any help would be appreciated speedo was fine all the way home then the last 2 miles it stopped working i stopped the car and set off again and it started to work.
the rear exhaust mount seems to have perished and the exhaust is now very low at the back box very visable when stood looking at the rear.
can i get and change the rear mount easily.
is there any sources on here for parts :)

DC5
Enjoy it.

Can't help with the speedo. But the exhaust itself is a weak point of the car. The back box is prone to rust, and the mount went on mine. Matt Black is a Renault breakers so try PM'ing him to see if he has one, but haven't seen him on here for a while. You might be able to find his number by doing a search. I think it was only £30 something for a new one from Renault any way.

M135i
iirc the exhaust bracket is about £17.35+vat from renault. K-tec have them also. the part number for it is 7700424339.
The whole exhaust system on the 172/182 is made from breadcrumbs.

The speedo seems an odd one though. im sure someone will be along soon to advise!

Leon Cupra 300
Pick up a new rear exhaust mount from Reno for about 14 quid mate, really common thing to go. :D

Coming from an Evo you'll enjoy the mpg :D

clio 172 cup
i know the gauge didnt move i thought i was broke 40 quid in my evo was 160 miles on easy driving and 120 if i pushed it

DC5
Suppose it depends on what you fill up with and price etc. Used to cost £45 to fill up and with nothing but motorway driving I averaged 330 to the tank.

172Petey

Best renault sport if you like them minimal! I love mine! Just getting in to the best season for Cups too! Winter is terrible though, or any wet weather in general really!!!