ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PIC Request: RB 182 on K tec coilovers

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You have a 182 cup yes? Thats what I had your looking at 1K for coilovers anything under that is not worth wasting your money on tbh.

If that is what you want and you dont have enough money just get springs.

Do not go Apex - Sportlines only.

Sportlines, good shocks, and maybea a RARB is all you need mate.

Hang on a min and Ill upload one of my old ones on sportlines.

No point wasting it on expensive coilovers for very occational track use...

6326319273_fc9cdafbc3_z.jpg

My RB Clio 182 with Sportlines by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

The ride on road will be, and you wont get scrubbing on track....

Its either all or nothing with coillies. Unless your spending big money, its not worth bothering, unless your only wanting looks ;)

Fiesta ST200
Cheers chaps, thats helped me no end. And potentially saved me a lot of money.

Very much appreciated :)

Eibach sportlines it is then!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Although you might not be going as low as you want can be assured it will handle much better than vmax etc.

Looking for 182
The ride on my Ktec coilovers isn't great, over bumps it's not very comfy, but combined with a rear ARB my God it sticks to the road!

I had Sportlines before but fancied going lower.

Looking for 182
Just because a car feels like it rolls less and is closer to the ground doesn't mean it actually handles better.

I'm not sure if that was in response to my post. I didn't actually mention the characteristics of the car (roll, etc.), I was simply commenting on how it 'sticks to the road', ie. it handles well.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got sport lines on my cup. It handles fine but I can't help but want more lows.

Just don't expect your car to look 'low' on sportlines because it won't.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Sportline's are very good but most people end up going for coilovers after they have had the sporlines for a while due to them not changing the cars hight,best thing to do is to save some cash and go for some H&R's,you will also always get good money for them when/if you put the car back to standard.

Z4
The ride on my Ktec coilovers isn't great, over bumps it's not very comfy, but combined with a rear ARB my God it sticks to the road!

I had Sportlines before but fancied going lower.

Rear arb make a big difference? Might be worth considering.
People can say what they like about ktecs, but I can honestly say my 182 out handles my old 172 cup on oem suspension. And it's not just due to reduced roll...the ride isn't bad on a\m roads, it's just the b road bumps that give you a headache lol.

Looking for 182
Rear arb make a big difference? Might be worth considering.
People can say what they like about ktecs, but I can honestly say my 182 out handles my old 172 cup on oem suspension. And it's not just due to reduced roll...the ride isn't bad on a\m roads, it's just the b road bumps that give you a headache lol.

Sorry, late reply, but yes the rear ARB made a massive difference. Turn in was quicker and more precise and it's just awesome around corners. With my KTR coilovers if I take a corner fast I actually get a little bit of oversteer, nothing that you can't control though, the thing just sticks to the road, it's awesome!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
^ Surely that wasn't driveable. If that isn't a photoshop then sorry dude but it just looks broken.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mine was around 80mm front, 70mm rear. Gaz Gold with adjustable height & damping.

It never scrubbed and I even had full lock after a few 'mods' to the inner front arches/bumper.

e5dd54bc.jpg

af6ed3c0.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
7029634167_4bfb7c671d_z.jpg

Mine doesn't scrub unless I'm with passenger. No idea what drop it is. Arch liners etc have been cut/modified.