ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request - Bra'd up silver clio

Here you go fella!!
Camera001.gif

Not my cup of char tbh, i think the car has to be very euro looking, eg russ@gasperformance or dutty to pull it off.

One of the things I don't like about them is that they still leave the front bumper open to stone chips, they only save the bonnet.

One of the things I don't like about them is that they still leave the front bumper open to stone chips, they only save the bonnet.

I can see what you mean, when i was in america a few years back i saw some mitsi eclipse's that had bra's on them but the bra's covererd the whole front end , giving better protection

There you go Haz, The response you'll get for putting one on is mostly negative. I'm only keeping mine on because it pisses people off . Personally I like it so I don't give a stuff what other people think!

There you go Haz, The response you'll get for putting one on is mostly negative. I'm only keeping mine on because it pisses people off . Personally I like it so I don't give a stuff what other people think!

You like it because it pisses people off but you dont care what people think?, contradicting yourself there to say the least matey.

If you want to piss people off more and make your car look s**t, get yourself some back clear lights to go with it, that generally works

The whole of your car is open to stone chips, its not going to make that much of a difference, personally id rather have my car look origional and have a few stone chips that can be cosmetically sorted than have my car look s**t.

i like my bra as it follows the theme ive chosen with my car, im not sure on a standard car as they can look odd.

Saying that it never fails to get peoples attention so i use mine in the summer. lol.

i like my bra as it follows the theme ive chosen with my car, im not sure on a standard car as they can look odd.

Saying that it never fails to get peoples attention so i use mine in the summer. lol.

Ask yourself this question, why does it get peoples attention?

A) Because it looks origional, striking and well kept?

B) Because it looks odd, cheap and doesnt match the cars features?

I dont understand what you mean by theme.

The answer to your question is neither you posted. It gets peoples attention as they dont know what it is. Ive chosen a Euro theme for my car as i love the whole scene and have had many VWs. There is a massive following for these as styling mods, some may think it looks silly but on the right car and right colour they look good imo.

I can post many a pic of these on different cars but cant be bothered atm as it will only be slated.

The fact that these are primarily a cover to protect the bonnet from stone chips and bugs makes no difference really, they are used as a styling mod by most.

The answer to your question is neither you posted. It gets peoples attention as they dont know what it is. Ive chosen a Euro theme for my car as i love the whole scene and have had many VWs. There is a massive following for these as styling mods, some may think it looks silly but on the right car and right colour they look good imo.

I can post many a pic of these on different cars but cant be bothered atm as it will only be slated.

The fact that these are primarily a cover to protect the bonnet from stone chips and bugs makes no difference really, they are used as a styling mod by most.

Primarily it protects from stone chips, like you said, but what i dont get is what else adds to "the Theme" it doesnt suit mate, no matter what look your going for.

Clear back lights has a massive following, but it still doesnt make it right. :S

Keep your car origional as much as possible, it shows respect, quality and turns the heads that understand.

The real modifications are the mechanical/tuning ones, and they are the ones that make all the difference.

Primarily it protects from stone chips, like you said, but what i dont get is what else adds to "the Theme" it doesnt suit mate, no matter what look your going for.

Clear back lights has a massive following, but it still doesnt make it right. :S

Keep your car origional as much as possible, it shows respect, quality and turns the heads that understand.

The real modifications are the mechanical/tuning ones, and they are the ones that make all the difference.

Each to there own, attend a few VW shows you might understand, you might not. I dont have this on all the time, just when its nice.

And i have no intention of keeping my car original as its a show car that helps with promoting our business. And i have plenty of mechanical and tuning mods already...

:rasp:

Each to there own, attend a few VW shows you might understand, you might not. I dont have this on all the time, just when its nice.

And i have no intention of keeping my car original as its a show car that helps with promoting our business. And i have plenty of mechanical and tuning mods already...

Ahhhhhhh, promoting a business with your car makes all the difference to the discussion.

I have attended many a car shows for many a different car, business/ pleasure is certainly a different kettle of fish my friend.

Its a different kettle of fish when you talk about show cars, like you said, in that aspect, you are promoting a business.

Its a different kettle of fish when you talk about show cars, like you said, in that aspect, you are promoting a business.

I was the one who originally had these made in Germany for the MK2 and sent over, i wanted one for mine but had to get a minimum of 10 for the first order, so its something i wanted, and my car helped promote it. I dont use it all the time tho.

trust me it looks spot on, any lower will ruin it.

I had my MK2 golf down 90/100mm all round on 15s, it looked amazing but was really impracticle, could never get anywhere!

Didnt mean to offend fella, Was just my personal view.

I know your a nice chap and all so just wanted to clear that up

Suzuki Ignis Sport

Don't worry mate. I'm putting mine on coz i like the look of it :) who cares what other ppl think!

Monaro VXR
I cant see the point as a protection thing.

And I especially dont see the point as a "Euro" modding thing. The Yanks were doing this way before the VW crowd picked it up and they looked s**t then.

I dont see the point in wrapping the paintwork away so that no one can see it. It just seems like your protecting it for the next buyer rather than enjoying it yourself.

b/g 182, meg tourer
like justin said. it looks good with euro styling and black cars.
dutty's is a stunner. as is russ's

evenin russ

loving the banter and anti banter about these things, never fails to cause an argument :) least it has been fairly low key this time around.

did someone say "replica 172 kit on a 1.2?" ****runs and hides****

jamie