ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Contract + Redundancy

None
Recieved some unfortunate news that unless things pick up at work, im going to be made redundant. They're giving it till februrary or something didnt quite understand what they were saying, anyway im 6 months into a phone contract, does anyone know if its possible to cancel the contract or get it reduced, as obviously Im not going to be able to afford it probably best to phone.

Any Help or Advice?

PH2 172
you'll struggle to change it as your in a contract, obviously. only way out is to buy urself out of it, probably cost you the total of your remaining 6months.

Barge
What Iain said. Not sure how it works with other providers. But surely they'd rather have something from you than nothing so try and work something out with them.

Clio 182
Hey mate, sorry for that crappy news! Its a tough time at the moment. What you might be able to do is put the contract on hold, I believe the maximum is 6 months. This would give you time to save money or get another job etc? Just some breathing space, you could also ask how much it would be to end it early due to your situation. You might have a nice person on the other end of the phone who can understanf your situation, then again you might get a right c*nt!

Hope you get it all sorted mate!

Laz

None
Thats what i was thinking, but these companies can be right tossers. If it comes to it could just close the bank account down. Credit Rating would go down though but is that so important at 19?

Megane 225 F1
Take out a loan to pay it off, party like theres no tomorrow and then declare youraelf bankrupt

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Orange let you downgrade to any standard contract after half your term, dont know about the others.

Maybe start saving between now and Feb so if you do lose your jobs you will still be able to pay your bill?

Barge
You're better off ringing them. Number 1, no organisation wants to lose money, so if they start charging you for bills you can pay then they'll lose out. Two, if they downgrad your tarriff to something affordable (to you) they'll still get money out of you. It's in their interests.

I'd definitely try to avoid missing payments etc. Credit rating is important.

Fiesta ST
This, TBH. How would CS know?

Still astonishes me that people ask Cliosport about their entire life.

Cliosport is not the Oracle.

Here's an idea, have a mind of your own.

Maybe someone on here works for a network provider and can offer him advice? Maybe someone has an idea something that the phone provider won't tell you?

go easy on the lad as he might be losing his job.

Last edited:
  DCi
This, TBH. How would CS know?

Still astonishes me that people ask Cliosport about their entire life.

Cliosport is not the Oracle.

Here's an idea, have a mind of your own.
Because lots of people have contracts and enough people have been made redundant over the course of the last year??

The 3 posible options he has have unsurprisingly cropped up too:
1. You can go down a tariff after half way
2. You might be able to blag your contract to be frozen
3. Get a loan, pay your s**t off and go bankrupt

ps. Whoever said 3 represents the contingent of retards in this country that got us into this mess

sometimes I think people would like a forum with no posts in it

Skoda Fabia vRS
you can go down once your half way through, i did it last month with mine, and changed my internet bundle aswell, saving me about £15 a month :)

DCi
Remeber when I had to pwn that o2 operator when I was arranging my iPhone - I can fully understand why one would expect to get more of a straight answer here

I'm surprised no one has said wrong forum yet. Too excited to call people stupid instead of being helpful!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Remeber when I had to pwn that o2 operator when I was arranging my iPhone - I can fully understand why one would expect to get more of a straight answer here

I'm surprised no one has said wrong forum yet. Too excited to call people stupid instead of being helpful!!
flol, i posted mine before yours appeared, but if anyone is going to be able to give a good answer its going to be someone browsing the phone section etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think you can usually only change your tariff mid contract if you want to spend more, not less...