ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips hue / home automation

Rav4
Hi guys/girls;

Just wondering if any of you guys have philips hue lights or similar and what your thoughts are on them and their functionality?

Yes, I know they are stupidly expensive but that aside, I like the idea and what can be done.

Considering getting the lights, or lifx, linked to a home alarm system too.

Thanks,

Gabi.

Rav4
that system is really just a toy.

For me, yes. We do all have toys.!

I do like the idea for other things such as linking the lights to sensors.... for instance using a sensor as a door alarm and the lights flicker.

There are other reasons why I like it too.

Do you have any home automation toys Tom?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I design Z-wave lighting systems that can be scene/group set and can controlled via iOS software. http://astral.mkelectric.com/ Don't take note of internet prices if you do a bit of further researching...that will all be sorted on a project basis.

This is the most reliable and useable intelligent lighting system on the market imo. Wired pretty much conventionally with a live and neutral down to each module and a switch line. No cat 5 cables everywhere, new modules/rooms/areas can be added at any time in minutes. Easy to change settings yourself wiithout paying £1k a day for commissioning etc.

Z-wave works on a mesh network meaning it is seriously reliable even across big installations. It can also be programmed to talk to other companies products that use z-wave (door looks, thermostats, alarms etc)

To offer a complete home automation solution we work very closely with the below company.
http://www.dianemo.co.uk/

info@dianemo.co.uk.

Give me a call on 01268563368 if you want to talk about it anymore.

Ant

Tom has some of the above system.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I love it when you talk sales. My dad worked for MK years ago. Will be looking into something similar when we sort out the house buying at the end of the year.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
LOL :eek: I hate typing stuff hence the phone number.

What's his name, some of the dusty old people here may of known him. You know who to call. I'll sort you out a remote controlled fridge.

Rav4
I design Z-wave lighting systems that can be scene/group set and can controlled via iOS software. http://astral.mkelectric.com/ Don't take note of internet prices if you do a bit of further researching...that will all be sorted on a project basis.

This is the most reliable and useable intelligent lighting system on the market imo. Wired pretty much conventionally with a live and neutral down to each module and a switch line. No cat 5 cables everywhere, new modules/rooms/areas can be added at any time in minutes. Easy to change settings yourself wiithout paying £1k a day for commissioning etc.

Z-wave works on a mesh network meaning it is seriously reliable even across big installations. It can also be programmed to talk to other companies products that use z-wave (door looks, thermostats, alarms etc)

To offer a complete home automation solution we work very closely with the below company.
http://www.dianemo.co.uk/

info@dianemo.co.uk.

Give me a call on 01268563368 if you want to talk about it anymore.

Ant

Tom has some of the above system.

Thanks for the reply. That business is near one of the offices I sometimes work in.

Most of these products work on a mesh network, a lot of the systems that I have looked at aren't hard wired.

Z-wave are awesome!

What sort of prices are we looking at here, not the installation but the hardware itself?

Thanks,

​Gabi

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
All depends but around £250 a module but likely cheaper.

If you want to pop in see everything working we have a display house that has dianemo kit in it too. My office is in Basildon.