ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 172 Top gearbox mount removal problems - Help please !!!

BG Megane 225
Hoping someone on here can help ! Firstly, please excuse the format of the post, my enter key has stopped working on the keyboard & Ctrl-M not working either .... Ok, I've been struggling for the last couple of hours trying to remove the top g/box mount on my ph2 172. Battery out, engine supported, two side nuts removed from existing mount & top / centre nut also removed. Tried to cheat and do without removing the battery tray.... The mount will move back and forwards, but for the life of me I cant get the old mount off.. :mad: Then attempted to remove the battery tray, 3 bolts removed (front, back and r/h side) removed two bolts holding the ecu cover to tray, pushed the two tabs back and tried to lift the cover.. Didly, thing isn't going anywhere !Are these notorius for being a pig to remove ? I was expecting the thing to literally lift off the centre bolt, appears to have for want of a better word welded itself to it. Am I missing something obvious and being a tw*t ?? Any help greatly appreciated, I gave up and put everything back together. All I've achieved tonight in 3 hours is an increase in blood pressure, hands & face covered in oil and missing knuckle skin :) Cheers, Drew

Last edited: