ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 1.6: Central Locking not functioning

Clio PH2 K4M
I bought this car a few weeks ago and the previous owner said after he changed the drivers lock (after someone tried to screwdriver it), and now the central locking through the fob does not work.

The keys still work (the red light flashes on the key when the fob is pressed) but nothing happens.

I took the door card off to see if the previous owner made a c**k up installing the new lock but this seems to be all good.

The cars locks and unlocks using the inside lock button but I tried to do the 'press and hold until the door unlocks and locks' trick but it doesn't do anything.

Fuses are all good, any ideas? Thanks

PH2 RS172
autodata method assuming you have a mk2 ph2
1/ close doors
2/ press and hold vehicle central 3 locking dash switch for more than 2 secs (led on clocks should illuminate) and doors should lock and unlock
3/ press remote button (led should extinguish = key sync'd)
4/ repeat for spare keys

if the car is locking and unlocking from the dash switch but not going into programming mode you may need to get someone with a diagnostic tool to program the remote through the obd socket (provided there isnt a fault with the car i.e. the r/f receiver for the c/l). our old diagnostic key programmer could program renault remotes in this way

Clio PH2 K4M
Hello, thanks for the reply. I have a Cobra alarm which was one of those dealer fit ones, which also doesn't function, fuses are all good too.

Clio PH2 K4M
I had a look today at the wires for the alarm and traced them back to behind the centre console, removed the radio and found a few wires that had been cut and taped up and 2 wired soldered to the radio wires, one soldered to the door lock button and one soldered to the hazard button. I have no idea where the cut wires are supposed to wire in to, weird.

sketch-1442851813837.jpg

sketch-1442851504845.jpg

sketch-1442851523007.jpg

So the alarm black/white goes to the 2 green wires.
Alarm white goes to the 2 brown wires.
Alarm yellow goes to yellow/brown wire.
Alarm black goes to black/brown wire.
Alarm red goes to red/brown wire.

Now i've traced these wires back in the spare loom i have and this is what ive got.
Green wires: 1 runs off to hazard switch(green wire) and the other to the uch green connector(pin29)
Brown wires: 1 runs off to auto lock button(brown wire) and other to uch brown connector(pin15)
Yellow/brown: runs to fusebox s7 15A
Black/brown: ground
Red/brown: runs to fusebox s29 20A

Check the wires you have connected already to see if they correspond with above.

Hope this helps

Clio PH2 K4M
Thanks Panda, I had another look at the wires, Ive got red, yellow/blue, and a yellow taped up.

Also, which only started about an hour ago, the red light on the lock button on the console stays red, but when you switch the lights on it dims right down and then goes out, but when I turn the lights off, the red light comes back on and stays on, even after I've taken the key out and locked the car with the key.

I'm no wiring expert so can't really help to much.
What i can do is post a picture of the wires going into the back of the lock button so you can see if they correspond with yours.
If i was you i'd do a continuity test on the alarm wires just to confirm where they go and see if it matches the alarm info above.

sketch-1442874780636.jpg

The 2 red plugs are both the lock button plugs but on 2 different looms and shows the slight difference in wire colours.
I also noted down what pin goes where.
A1:Empty
A2:Black
A3:Red
B1: Pink
B2:Blue
B3:Brown