ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Exhaust Choices...

I had a piper on my old flamer, I loved it! Then had a btb on my old iceburg.

BTB was a lot quiter but had a nice sound to it.

Doesnt the RS192 have issues with quality? And iirc thats a Scorpion exhaust. Could be completely wrong though
I've just had a look at some other photos of the Scorpion. Doesn't look at good as first though tbh. Tailpipe = too big for me.

Adam, only thing with Piper is that you have to cut the bumper. I don't want to do that on the Ph1. Down to Yozza, Oreca and OMP (if I could find one).
That is if I go for a pea-shooter style anyway. Or could you go down the custom route??

Love the sound of the OMP from what I've heard on youtube, think it's the inox system or something? Have you looked at getting one sent over?

On my ph1 the ktec stealth hangs like a b**ch. Im not to fussed it just bangs the floor at times.

BTB Stealths make a really nice sound.

Dont really like exhausts that stick out the back on ph1's. Bar pea shooters, theyre cool.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Can do different tailpipes on the piper btw, I think there's 7 to choose from, and the 182 one we had done last week was different again. There's a slight cost difference on some of the different options

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Personally I don't know why anyone want a visible exhaust on a 172 - stealth all the way.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
cut tail pipes are the way forward:
P1010110-1.gif

So in a month you'll change your mind about 4 or 4 times. Especially after you've heard the exhaust on mine.

Probably, but I do really really like this exhaust. When I say i've made up my mind, its kinda between 2 of them, with one choice in the lead. It all just depends on a couple of factors.
Once i've heard yours though, all that WILL go out of the window and I know what system ill want LOL.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
There was a time many went for one of Charlie's prospeed options. I've had mine for five years. SS stealth.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
A Prospeed would be a good call actually Charlie will do you whatever you like. Peashooter exactly how you want it

Another quick question...

OMP vs Oreca?! What are the differences? Oreca will be soo much easier to get hold of, due to UK supply, but sound difference, fit difference, how far they both stick out, price etc?!

Any help would be awesome!

Anyone able to help with the above?! Even a tiny bit of info would be much appreciated! :D

It says on Ktec that Oreca isn't road legal. Is this due to the decat, for example?! The OMP is a straight through system, so would that not make that illegal too?
Id imagine noise levels are around the same (both fooking loud)?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
with de-cat technically both illegal yes.

I have heard a couple people on here saying that the Oreca system welds have started cracking due to them not having ample support on the back box.

^ That tailpipe looks too big for my liking tbh. I love the sound of Yozza, but I want a proper pea-shooter. Plus both other options work out cheaper than Yozza, especially if I had the decat for a Yozza.

with de-cat technically both illegal yes.

I have heard a couple people on here saying that the Oreca system welds have started cracking due to them not having ample support on the back box.

Really?! FFS. Shirley these are replaced though under warranty? The video that i've watched of one, it looks great and it'll be much easier to get hold of than the OMP (even though you've hooked me up ;) ).

no... thats the wierd thing, before it was put away its not even been mapped. just a rebuild by BTM and yozza race system. wanna get it back out new year, tidy it up and hoon her about!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
^ That tailpipe looks too big for my liking tbh. I love the sound of Yozza, but I want a proper pea-shooter. Plus both other options work out cheaper than Yozza, especially if I had the decat for a Yozza.

Really?! FFS. Shirley these are replaced though under warranty? The video that i've watched of one, it looks great and it'll be much easier to get hold of than the OMP (even though you've hooked me up ;) ).

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?599427-!!!!!!!!!Oreca-Exhaust-Owners-%28-LOOK-INSIDE%29!!!!!!!!!&highlight=oreca+group

FFS. I suppose these would get changed under warranty though.
OMP is my first choice, but I imagine that it is going to be an otter ballache to get hold of, so I was thinking of the Oreca too, due to the similarity.

Does your OMP give any pops, flames etc, as it is?!
Yozza is tempting. Just the tailpipe puts me off.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
it pops loudly when cold and then it much much more subtle when warmed up, as far as flames go i have no idea, it's hard to look at the exhaust end whilst driving....:rasp:

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
From what I've seen of the exhausts that hang underneath the bumper they are very easily caught as they hang quite low and are vulnerable to being damaged. Its ok if your never going to drive on any rough roads but thats virtually impossible in the real world. I have a standard type back box on my phase1 that I got from CES and it sounds superb.

I'm ok with that tbh. I've decided not to go too low with this (probably only going down the Sportlines route), so I should be alright on the roads that I generally drive on.

I'll either treat myself to this for Christmas or get one just after (assuming the current one holds up ;) )

Renault Clio 172 ph1
What is your suggestion for a cat back system with noise level as closer to standard? Car is a Clio 172 phase 1 and it already has an aftermarket cat.

Bit of a thread bump lol.

Personally, i'm unsure whether to even get an exhaust now. I may just replace the centre section with a standard one.
OR, I may just man the f**k up and get a proper pea shooter and deal with a stupid amount of noise.
I dunno...