ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 Rarity - Features?

53 Clio's & counting
mine hasn't either a shift light or ally bonnet,mine was reg'd in may 2001

though i do have a twin cat and 2 lambda probes lol

the twin cat was standard on the Ph1 172, however... once again some of them had the later single cat setup. Random.

Ph1
^^You will have done, every one has them thats the point!! its not something thats rare, its just something thats so small and pointless no one really notices hence the shock with a few folk when its brought to their attention lol

Majority of the ph1's had the shift light and alloy bonnets. The rare ones are the ones that didnt lol

Shift light was ommited from 2001, alloy bonnet, Renault probably ran out of stock hence fitting the steel version.

Sure some didnt even have a alloy wheel as a spare? might be wrong here tho

Last edited:
my old import didnt have an alloy spare... luckily it was owned by a fellow Cliosportarian before myself, who blagged a spare alloy after a garage damaged one iirc.

nice one Andy! :D

120d M-Sport
My 1 come with a fresh alloy and tyre :D

Sorry people i thought most of the things were rare due to some missing 1 or 2 things, but as said its maybe due to renault running out of stock etc.

But it seems each 172 is pretty different which is a good thing in its own way i suppose :)

Oh a bit of a random Q but does anyone have a pic of the standard front brake discs?

Cheers!!

120d M-Sport
imagine a round piece of metal with a smooth shiny surface... thats the standard discs ;)

Cheers Fubar, mine have like grooves in the discs etched across, so guessing the discs have been uprated?

Ill go get pics now :D

Cheers for the replies! Always good to learn new things :)

120d M-Sport
Arghhh weathers no good out there, excuse the state of the car :rasp:

IMGP3960jpg.jpg

IMGP3961.jpg

IMGP3963.jpg

IMGP3965.jpg

IMGP3966.jpg

120d M-Sport
Anyone know what discs they are?:)

Also a pic of the rear heater (drivers side) and door card just to show the speaker slot :rasp:

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Yep have the alloy bonnet and shift light. :approve:

Is it just me or is the shift light sh*te! Its behind the steering wheel so had to lean down to see it. Then again maybe it's just cos i'm a short ar$e!

audi a6 3.0tdi
someone can own a bit of ph1 history if they want to take my old shell away i can't imagine any others looking like it

Ph1
Arghhh weathers no good out there, excuse the state of the car :rasp:

IMGP3963.jpg

Thats just the boot ventilation. If Renault could run heater pipes all the way from the front up to here then it would be a miracle let alone possible haha

The vents are down the seat runners near the handbrake area

Ph1 172 + Combo van
+1^^^

That is just ventilation. i remember taking all of mine apart and it is just a void behind it.

Ph1
Fubar raised a good point, imports / car Supermarket ones.

That could be a whole different ball game where spec in relation to the cars year is concerned or spec in general.

Just over 1300 phase 1's officially passed through Renault dealers so guessing that a good 50% on the road today (maybe more) will be of the import variety?