ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 loud exhaust choice?

clio mk2 ph1 172
i know there are loads of threads bout exhausts but hey my turn lol

as above, im after a loud exhaust but dont want to spend stupid money (on a bit of a budget really) my car looks really mean so think i need a mean sound, i will be having a sports cat soon aswell.

all ideas welcome, cheers. mark

Chocolate Bar™
no sports cat, decat, side exit. can be had for £200 off powerflow if your on a budget.

but dont be a pikey, get an omp or a yozzasport exhaust

Golf GTD Mk7
omp? Yozza is probably the loadest on the market mate. Ass-exhausts make custom exhausts and make them as load as you like.

clio mk2 ph1 172
well im having a custom made sports cat so its going to work out a bit cheaper than say the k-tec one, cant be bothered with the d-cat coz of the mot (bin there done that lol) i like the look of the omp back box with the really tiny tail-pipe

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
2nd Hand Yozza Race System...... 172 Ben's OMP does look quite Motorsport.

DJRoberts Car is pretty loud..... Set Cat171's alarm off before Decatting IIRC

SQ5
Yes mine is stupidly loud and has two boxes still!

Ktec Decat, Magnex middle Section, powerflow backbox! Sounds so good!

clio mk2 ph1 172
Yes mine is stupidly loud and has two boxes still!

Ktec Decat, Magnex middle Section, powerflow backbox! Sounds so good!

stupidly loud sounds perfect, roughly how much did your set up cost?
also what type of tail pipe have you got coz on the ph1 its hard to decide what to go for.
got any pics plz? mark

clio mk2 ph1 172
i have had a look for 1 of those but havnt had much luck, any ideas? also if its straight through it take it that you change it for mot?

SQ5
stupidly loud sounds perfect, roughly how much did your set up cost?
also what type of tail pipe have you got coz on the ph1 its hard to decide what to go for.
got any pics plz? mark

Tip is an outwardly rolled 3" circle, I would get some videos for you but the car is currently in the garage for some MOT work. If you can wait till next weeked I'll get you a video, heres a picture though :)

4886_216030315174_549785174_7550761_3709728_n.jpg

clio mk2 ph1 172
Tip is an outwardly rolled 3" circle, I would get some videos for you but the car is currently in the garage for some MOT work. If you can wait till next weeked I'll get you a video, heres a picture though :)

4886_216030315174_549785174_7550761_3709728_n.jpg

dude that looks really kool, def like the visible pipe rather than those stealth ones.
do ya have any issues with the box ever hitting the deck on bumpy roads?
yours does look a tad lower than mine still. cheers

SQ5
I had a few issues but it was only due to the crappy exhaust mounts, had the rear one replaced last year and already dead :( but I've done the ghetto repair and never knocks :)

I've got a big oval back box on too which I like the look of hanging under the car, don't know why just looks slaggish! lol!

Hopefully get car back tomorrow and get some videos for you :)

320d
If you want PROPER noise, don't be gay and DECAT IT!

Its a ball ache on the 172's though. I'm going to look at some custom options with it flanged after the front anti-roll bar so it can easily be removed for MOT time.

I love my stealth but think I need a decat tbh.

clio mk2 ph1 172
I had a few issues but it was only due to the crappy exhaust mounts, had the rear one replaced last year and already dead :( but I've done the ghetto repair and never knocks :)

I've got a big oval back box on too which I like the look of hanging under the car, don't know why just looks slaggish! lol!

Hopefully get car back tomorrow and get some videos for you :)

that would be really kool mate cheers.
does look gd hangin down like that, almost sez mate dont even bother lol

None
My zorstec was way too loud to start with so i had to have a centre box put in, believe me silly loud soon gets annoying especially on the motorways :)

clio mk2 ph1 172
the only thing i had thought of is wot kind of noise limits do they have wen you on track days as im goin to start soon and dont wana get turned away, so close to the limit loud is the best i can go for

BLACK GOLD 182
exhaust uk, i had 1.25 fez with duble pipe loud n bassy even tho i sed medium n bassy it was reyt head turner n woke every1 up lol

SQ5
that would be really kool mate cheers.
does look gd hangin down like that, almost sez mate dont even bother lol

Won't be back till saturday :( but I'll still get it for ya!

the only thing i had thought of is wot kind of noise limits do they have wen you on track days as im goin to start soon and dont wana get turned away, so close to the limit loud is the best i can go for

Noise limits depend on which track your at, Snetterton has the loudest at around 102 I think. Others vary. Mine is around 99dB!

clio mk2 ph1 172
Won't be back till saturday :( but I'll still get it for ya!

Noise limits depend on which track your at, Snetterton has the loudest at around 102 I think. Others vary. Mine is around 99dB!

99db would be kool as my old 4stroke 450 motocross bike was at bout 98db and that was well loud lol

whats your car in4 mate?

SQ5
Just MOT work, few odds and sods really, nothing major!

And being a huntingdon lad you shoudl really be coming to the EA meets ;) lol

clio mk2 ph1 172
Just MOT work, few odds and sods really, nothing major!

And being a huntingdon lad you shoudl really be coming to the EA meets ;) lol

i know mate, new to the whole clio sport world as only had mine 3 wks or so but love. when do the meets happen and wot exactly are they?

SQ5
We have a rolling road day planned for October 18th, check out the Local Meets section a bit further down the main forum page!

SQ5
It's in Ipswich so its about an hours drive for ya, but there maybe other people coming from your area and can always meet you in Bury!

clio mk2 ph1 172
guna keep my eyes and ears open for other members goin down from my way.

off topic i know but theres a rwyb at santa pod on sun du rekon its worth seein if some of the east anglians wana go down?

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
you can have the exhaust off mine, I've blown all the baffles out of it and it's probably the loudest Clio I have ever heard. I personally cant stand the noise and feel somewhat self conscious of looking like the proverbial t**t, but it's certainly loud! lol

clio mk2 ph1 172
you can have the exhaust off mine, I've blown all the baffles out of it and it's probably the loudest Clio I have ever heard. I personally cant stand the noise and feel somewhat self conscious of looking like the proverbial tw*t, but it's certainly loud! lol

whats it like? cat back or just rear box? any pics and how much mate?

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
Im selling my Ktek supersport. Its the stainless version. Its too loud for me so i want a standard system. Ive got an ad in the wanted section :cool: or PM me for details