ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-Quick Spring Snapped

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hi All,

Was driving along today and noticed a clanging coming from the drivers side front wheel. After a bit of investigation, I found the bottom section of the front spring has decided to part company from the rest of the spring and was rattling around in the shock plate.
Gonna have a standard one replaced as a temp job tomorrow. However I feel that I need to change the whole setup. I dont really want to lower the car as I've done all that before on previous cars. I would like new shocks and springs that are better than standard ones, improve the handling / ride but not really lower the car.
Are there any such things out there? Any advice from anyone.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:
standard OE shocks and Eibach Pro springs are the answer.

they will lower the car approx 10mm... which is nothing, but they handle so well!

if you dont want OE shocks, go for the Koni Adjustable ones.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Nice one boys. Any idea how much a set of new standard shocks will be?. Also what the difference between proline and sportline eibach springs?

Cheers
Rob

Nice one boys. Any idea how much a set of new standard shocks will be?. Also what the difference between proline and sportline eibach springs?

Cheers
Rob

pro's lower the car approx 10mm, sport's lower the car around 30mm. I've had both, and prefer the pro's... but the sports look better.

the shocks will cost you £55 per corner from renault. front and rears are roughly the same price.

here's a pic of mine on pro's
car11.jpg

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
standard shocks are around £60 per front and around £80 per rear

Cheaper than that when I had mine done last year, can't find the email with the price in it though :(

Also put on a set of Prolines and the difference was superb.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Thanks for the info peeps. Will go for the pro's then. looks the best for my situation,
Cheers