ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph 1 172 passenger seat

Golf GTI 1.8T
it might be twisted. Id remove undo all the bolts on the seat (they bolt from under the car, 2 bolts are cover by rubber bungs) and then tighten it back down.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah!! My front passenger seat is stuck almost all the way forward. I keep meaning to do something about it but never do as it doesn't bother me too much as I'm never in the passenger seat. It is a bit annoying though knowing there is something not quite right with it. If you get it sorted let me know what the problem was and how you sorted it.

Monaco Blue Mk2
I'm not Giles. Any easy instructions? It slides all the way forward and will then slide back but only about 1/4 of the way at most and just gets stuck in the same position every time. It used to be fine and then one day it just stopped going back!

172 interior would be the best fix!

Clio 197
Blue4Ever - ok not to worry, come to CS meet one day;)

paul h172 - Coming to FCS???.....I can fix that for you:)

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah, will hopefully get to a meet soon - preferably in July when I have nothing to do and will be lowered!

There's a small pin that's come loose from the mechanism, easy to figure out where it goes but hard to explain in text.

Mine does it every 3 months or so...

Next time it does I'll make up a guide.

I can show you at FCS mate, first check around under the seat as the pin would of fallen out.

It's quite small so won't be obvious.

The pin looks like a bolt.... about 1.5 inches long.

there should also be a collar around the bolt. If you slam the seat backwards and forwards then it comes out very easily.

Look around under the seat on the floor and you will find the "pin", it will be covered in black shitty grease :)

My passenger seat only tilts forward dosnt slide at the same time, so you have to tilt it forward then slide it with the handle on the left, i just let ppl in the drivers side lol, i found the pin when i hovered the car out still havnt fixed it tho

Monaco Blue Mk2
I have some sort of bolt in my glovebox that I found lying in the car somewhere I'll pop a pick up later to see if thats it, if not I'll have hoovered it up!

Monaco Blue Mk2
I think the bolt I found is the one from the seat, I had a look under the driver seat and found a similar looking one, went round to the passenger side to look in the same place...no bolt!
Pics to follow in a min.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Pics.

This is the bolt I found,

DSC00198.jpg

This is the driver side, bolt in place just after and below spring,

DSC00201.jpg

Passenger side, missing bolt :(

DSC00200.jpg

Monaco Blue Mk2
If Giles see's this, could you confirm that I have the right thing and the right place to put it. If so can I just push it in from under the seat or do I have to take the plastic cover off by the handle to get into the back? If that has to come off, how does it come off, lol! Thanks.

Clio 197
Blue4Ever said:
If Giles see's this, could you confirm that I have the right thing and the right place to put it. If so can I just push it in from under the seat or do I have to take the plastic cover off by the handle to get into the back? If that has to come off, how does it come off, lol! Thanks.

Hmmm not sure where that from:S

I think you have to take the seats out and see what the problem.:)