ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol remaining in tank...?

Clio 182
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what you all use to judge how much petrol you have left in your clio? In my 182 the other day, I went to fill up when the needle reached the red (i dont think my fuel warning light works as i would have thought this would have been on before this? can anyone confirm?) and found that i had 11 litres left in the tank because i could only fit 39 in!

This seems like a huge reserve for a reletively small tank in the first place. Does anyone rely on the trip computer / miles left guage because i find mine has a mind of its own! There is also a gallons used calculation on the computer which seems to go slower than my fuel guage needle so im wondering if i should use that for this tank until it says possibly 9 gallons used.

I dont want this test to end up with me walking down the road with a petrol can in my hand but it seems like im having to fill up nearly a quarter of a tank before i need to!

Thanks!

Clio 172/Focus st170
I rely on the trip computer and find it to be quite accurate! When the fuel light comes on i can make around 40 km, although i never had the guts to push that limit, and the trip computer states there are 5 litres in the tank.

Clio 182
Fill up just before you hit the red and you won't need to worry.

that would be fine if i didnt get to the red only having done 200 miles on the tank and then finding i have quarter of a tank left. I dont want to spend my life in petrol stations.

Da

Less
Reserve is 5 litres I believe and this is when the fuel light will iluminate.

11L is over 2 gallons and the fuel light illuminates when you have 1 gallon remaining.

2004 182FF
ive done 38 miles from when my 'miles to go' on the trip computer turned to dashes lol

brave :)

Yeah I think I've managed 35z

The gauge is really inaccurate, mine drops to 50% in 120 miles and then slowly goes down to the red, chills there for a bit & then warning light with 40 odd miles to go on the trip.

The trip computer is very accurate however, and the warning light is sub 40 miles to go.

Hyundai i40
40 miles i use to get out of my 172 once it hit red......i ended up walking down the road with fuel can, or getting someone to get me petrol

clio sport 172
rather than walking down the road with a petrol can if your gunna see how low u can go...fill the petrol can up b4 u try it...then your not walkin anywhere....

alien green rs133
press the trip reset before you turn on ignition, then turn on ignition with trip still held, the needles then dance but on the trip display it tells you how many litres of fuel are left :D

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I did 82 miles in mine with the light on.

Having said that it was only because the car was being bent and put the light on when it still had quarter of a tank showing.