ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Gauge / Petrol Light

Clio MK2 (1.2)
i have over 1/4 of a tank but my fuel light comes on :S before the light used to come on @ just about 1mm over the Red line, now its ridicolous.. i kno i have about 1/4 as the car hasnt moved since about a month but i have been puttin a jerry can worth in so i can regulary start it,

anyone kno why this happens ?

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
The light should come on when you get to 39 miles left on the trip computer. I guess thats around 3-4 litres left in the tank? Very rough guess i know and i stand corrected!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
mine comes on when the needle is right over the redline. I have got 25 miles out of it with the warning light on before i chicken'd out and filled up

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
mine is so sh1t , it comes on and off when it likes, imo just fill up when the needle in just above the red , dont beleive the light

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
dont have a clio RS but my light comes on with 64 miles left, shown on the display. 64 miles should last me another three days, but i dont have the balls to try it lol.

172cup
comes on when you have 1 gallon of fuel left, nothing to do with miles shown on trip as it will vary depending on your trending.

Many things trip it to come on early... best thing to do is reset the ignition on the 'self diagnostic' start up... as it will tell you how many litres you have left in the tank... and will also reset the fuel guage/petrol light.mpg etc etc

hold down the button on the end of the stalk for cycling through the digital display on the clocks as you turn the ignition on

172cup
turn your ignition off (o), and then holding down your trip computer button on the end of your wiper stalk, turn your ignition on (2) without turning your engine on.

You will hear a repeating beep, and the dials will go haywire. You can now let go of the button. With every press, you can go to the next option/display screen. It will tell you various faults via leter codes, current consumption (if done with the engine on), etc etc...

To reset everything, press the reset button next to your dials. The beeping will stop... now start your car.