ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Blue 182 - New-ish.....

Flamer Barn Find
Hi All,

Just thought i'd introduce myself on here - i'm Dec from the North East of England

Just bought a 04 Petrol Blue 182 with both cup packs fitted. Bodywork is good and the plans are to carry out a significant rebuild and have it back out on the road for Summer. Full suspension refresh, a set of turinis and leave it pretty much OEM - due to PB being a rare colour i'm not wanting to go too lairy with it and spoil the appeal.

Been around Renaults since passing my test and after a brief spell in a Vauxhall i'm back again.

I've owned 15 Clio Sports under various guises - currently have an artic blue 182 that's been broken for parts, a Pearl Black 172 thats just about to start getting broken and then my new pride and joy - the PB 182.

Will get some photos uploaded and hopefully start a build thread.

Reactions: Gus
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Welcome from an ex PB owner. I regret selling mine to this day and would have it back in a heart beat. Such an amazing colour and love how it divides opinion.
Look forward to your thread and photos.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Another ex petrol blue owner. The only colour I'd pay a premium for if buying another 182.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
My Petrol Blue is for sale, if anyone is interested ;-)

I'd have been very keen after my 172 got written off earlier in the year but sadly I've e now got a Meg 250. I have thought about selling it and using money elsewhere but it's not the right time.

Flamer Barn Find
Few photos of the car. My Mrs isn't happy I've bought another one but I've managed to get her on board with the "rare appreciating modern classic" and "any money I spend on it is an investment"

It needs a bit of work, got over a £1000 worth of items in my eBay basket so once I get paid this month now Christmas is out the way it'll be full steam ahead.
92d7b518cd844ce5b3d9ad45b088eb1d.jpg
ccbe12f6382d85d4856a6aeeda7b1452.jpg
bfacf51faaf55065ad9a5f083c722f9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Flamer Barn Find
Welcome, pb is a great colour and it's good to hear your taking care of it, but why are the others getting broken? Nice pic of my BG in there too!
Being honest the other 2 aren't worth keeping. A load of people probably see me selling bits and pieces on facebook cheap as chips. Basically do it as a hobby.

I try and pick up poor examples of 1X2's and either do the belts and any bits they need but usually just break them as I pick up some right dogs!

The way I look at it, if i break one for parts I make a couple of quid to plough into my other cars and tools and people can keep their cars on the road with cheap parts.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk