ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Personalised Regi Plate, Help!

Hey All,
I jus bought myself a personalised plate and I wannae head to the local office and get it done on Monday. Jus want 2 check a couple of things. 1. Will I need to have a plate ready to put on the car? 2. Do all DVLA local offices do this? 3. How soon do I need 2 inform my Insurance company of this? Cheers guys.

u can tell ur insurance that you changing ur plate before hand, but i suggest once u have done the paper work at the dvla office then call them to confirm it has been done and plates are going to be put on

I reckon u go to halfords once the dvla office gives u the transfer docs.

i think :)

Last edited:
  Burgandy 174 sport t
I think he knows they dont do [plates at the office, he means putting them on once the docs have been changed

Burgandy 174 sport t
just make sure u dont go there anytime near the end of the month like I fuckin did. (road tax) half of scotlands dealers were in that day for tax

S40 NJU

^^ my indian name is SANJU, thats the best one i could find for 250.

i really wanted S4 NJU, but that was going for £9k. lol fook that.

guess u dont always get what u want lol

what about u

Golf GTI 1.8T
You can put that plate straight on as long as they change all your details there and then, if its busy they can just take them in and it all gets done by post so pick a good time, late afternoon is good normally.

notify your insurer asap after your plate is on.

what have you bought?

As u can mayb guess my nickname is Beef, was tring to get BE51 EEF but was gonna cost 1499, bit pricey so settled for X6 EEF, I reckon it wont look 2 bad on the car, wat y'all reckon?

al

ST on the way...
You have up to 48 hours to put the plates on.

Don't forget to tell your insurance too.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
im having probelms deciding wether or not to change my plates over because i have 2

1st: [NB 02 HOT] that one people seem to like , some girls seem to like talking bout it as well so is sometimes is a conversation starter

2nd: [ B11GH N] thats my almost exact suraname and then first initial so i think its cool

now which one to settle with for for the time being?

i dont know if i can be bothered to drive to the dvla office though so that could be the deciding factor:sleepy:

172 Cup 2003
i went to oxford drive my car up on old reg got the new tax disc got drove home went to halfords got the plates and 1mm stick on pads put the new plate on my drive and new tax disc sent the old 1 back in the envelope phone the insurancde who charged £25 for new documents and bobs ya uncle

RB 200 Cup!
im tempted to get a personal plate as well - narrowed down to three choices.

T800 TAV - my initals as my names Tim Vincent - £250.00

T1 MMY - £95,000

TV 1 - £102,995

Just cant decide really.....

Got the plate put on las nite, it looks realli gd :cool: Got my docs changed for free as I'm still in the process of changing insurers, couldn't b happier, couple more mods and I'll be done :D

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Timmay said:
T800 TAV - my initals as my names Tim Vincent - £250.00

Like the guy from Blue peter??? (bet you havent heard that one before)

T1 MMY - £95,000

TV 1 - £102,995

Just cant decide really.....

between those two I'd have the T1MMY without a doubt.

How much do you want to spend on a plate? I'm very good with plates and got mine

M13KDX for £250 :)