ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Personalised Reg Plate question..

107 Track Car & C4
Hi all,
Ive found the perfect private reg for myself on the dvla website. My question is how easy will it be to change to a new car when i want to change my car? Will any garage change it for you or do you have to do it yourself?

As there are people who have done this, how easy is it to do? Is it alot of hassle to do to in the first place, ie with getting documents changed etc...

Liam :)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Any good garage will sort a reg plate transfer for you, without any problems. But you can do it yourself if prefered

197 red
If u go to a dvla office like Chelmsford for me. They will do it while u wait. Get all mot and tax disc swapped. Then u got a new logbook to get plates made up. I got plates at halfrauds last time. But did it by post. Dvla office is quickest method.

Titanium 182
love my personalised plate, but dont forget you need to pay for each time you transfer it, so for every new vehicle, £105 for a years retention, or £80 straight swap onto another vehicle, all the docs are sent with the purchase and make it really easy

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
DVLA website has all the info you need. It's basically very easy.

Why would a garage need/want to do that work !? If you can't undo 2 screws, you probably shouldn't own a car :S

Velcro FTW though.

107 Track Car & C4
I mean get the all the documents sorted for the new car to be on the private plate, not pysically putting the plate on lol.

I may do it then if its that easy to do in the first place. There shouldnt be any change in insurance cost?

Liam

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Only a smart garage would do that for you and obviously charge you a fortune for the privilege.

Infact, when it comes to it, drop me a PM and I'll quote you happy.

No idea. Ring your company...

Check out the Doovla's site / Google number plate change .. it really is easy.

Mot, v5 and dvla form, either post or Pop in local office and pay 80 quid, sometimes car wil be inspected and also if your car is wrote off or you sell the car you have to transfer BEFORE you sell/agree to pay out as the keeper on logbook is the person who owns the right to disPlay the plate, Oh if car is stolen you have to get them to write a letter saying and have no interest in the plate as you wait a year if the car is not found till dvla will let you remove the plate and won't without that letter even if you never made a claim for some reason

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Your insurance may charge an administration fee...(check the small print) or ask them!

Depends who your with, I don't get charged to change reg number but I've been with them 6 years with 2 performance cars and never made a claim so they get enough out of me each year !!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Depends who your with, I don't get charged to change reg number but I've been with them 6 years with 2 performance cars and never made a claim so they get enough out of me each year !!!

The clue is in the wording fella!!! ;) All depends on who he's with...

Your insurance may charge an administration fee...(check the small print) or ask them!