ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance Air filter?

Renaukt Clio Cup Spo
Hey all
Im undecided between getting a K&N filter or pipercross or is there are ant other brand reccomendations? im only looking for a filter not a whole induction kit
thanks

clio sport cup 172 2002 2.0

Regards
Alex

focus st3
Panel filters don't make that much difference over a paper one,i think there's an old thread about various panel filters tested and the pipercross came out on top.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Worth a couple of bhp so not noticeable and if over oiled they cover the throttle body in a horrible oily mess. It's all about the change in induction noise.

Renaukt Clio Cup Spo
sure thanks just having a read up unsure on to go for panel or full kit as would fit myself, cheers for advice all

Ram air filter and 90 degree bend bad make your own for less than £40. It's been done before but search "Fattys kit" and you will see.

If you want to try a panel filter first I have a Green Cotton filter for sale I will sell.

Listerine & Poledo
remove the hose to the left of the airbox and you get all the "benefits" of a panel filter, but with none of the fiscal outlay

RB Clio 182
Don't go pipercross panel they fall to bits, I would go for something like fattys ktec style one too, induction kits sound ace on the f4r Imo.

I think they are more trouble than they are worth. I am not keen on the induction noise personally, and your insurance will need to be notified as well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
True. If it was located next to the engine I wouldn't even entertain the idea. Performance difference, negliable.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
im not a fan of ind kits from having older french hatches and heat soak,after fitting the ktec ind kit,there is no heat soak but sounds is incredible but power increase pinch of salt with that