ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PEOPLE with H&R coilovers please advise, secondhand purchase, parts missing...

Trafic 140dci
Sunday i purchased some H&R coilovers off another member, i received them today, to find the bolts that holts the rear spring adjusters are missing :dapprove:

I've PM'd the seller who has told me that he had a garage remove them so he was unsure of what should be included. I have now looked at Chrispy's fitment guide and i'm now sure that the front shocks are missing the bit that holds the spring down before the top mount.

Can someone who has H&R's, or has had experience with H&R's please advise on what's missing. This is what i got:

7C7A1EAC-BBE5-48B1-ACC0-6AEDDBF79895-4515-000009C087E4261A.jpg

The problem is, i don't know what i need for the top of the front coilovers, i know i'm missing the bits for the rears, the seller said if i can locate the parts he will refund me, where would be best as H&R are in Germany would there suppliers such as K-Tech or Kam racing be able to help?

Any help appreciated.

Lewis

Dodgy one
The top cap is there for the front shocks (the part that sits on the inside of the spring and then the bearing on top) you basically just plonk your old top mount and bearing ontop of that cap, and then fit as per norm. Remove the one thats on them at the mo though, they look like theyre off some other top mounts?

however the rears are missing part of the adjuster, theres another threaded collar missing (should be 3 bits in total all threaded) they will fit on, but will be fixed at the rear and if i say myself far too low tbh.

Should be 2 spanners too, one for the lock ring and the other for the spring seat, Ones bigger than the other.

Trafic 140dci
The top cap is there for the front shocks (the part that sits on the inside of the spring and then the bearing on top) you basically just plonk your old top mount and bearing ontop of that cap, and then fit as per norm. Remove the one thats on them at the mo though, they look like theyre off some other top mounts?

however the rears are missing part of the adjuster, theres another threaded collar missing (should be 3 bits in total all threaded) they will fit on, but will be fixed at the rear and if i say myself far too low tbh.

Should be 2 spanners too, one for the lock ring and the other for the spring seat, Ones bigger than the other.
Thanks mate i appreciate your reply.

So is this front right? Then my top mount just goes on top:

A67220D1-F976-4252-A9CD-21788AEE461B-4944-00000A9EBA7FE567.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
What about Venom Motorsport? Or EuroPerformance, Pretty sure even Larkspeed stock H&R...

You could always speak to H&R direct & see if they'll ship it, they have a pretty big presence in America & Obviously are part of the Bilstein group..

172 Cup
What about Venom Motorsport? Or EuroPerformance, Pretty sure even Larkspeed stock H&R...

You could always speak to H&R direct & see if they'll ship it, they have a pretty big presence in America & Obviously are part of the Bilstein group..

Problem is I think they only sell them as whole units rather than parts.

Yeah :(

If the bottom of the spring is the same size as other kits - which it will be because it's the same size as standard springs - you could buy the adjustors out of any other kit. Not sure anyone sells them seperately though :(

Black Gold Trophy
Or you could just fit different rear springs, sportlines etc

Or get a local machinist to make something up.

BG 182 FF
A bit of an update. Iv ended up with these H&R's knowing this part was missing. Eurocar parts can get the rear adjusters but for a killer of £156! Iv got to pay this before they can order them.

I know some of you say get the bit made but I have no idea of what to ask for and who would make it? Would you simply just show them the picture and the other parts I do have?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Don't know if it's of any help but my pal works for a Euro's local to me.... He "may" be able to get you a better price...

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, those bits squared above are the bits missing.

TBH, they're a cnut to fit anyway- i'd just have some custom springs made up that suit the height you want!

Agreed

I've never changed the height at the back since fitting mine. Loads of people with H&R's/KW's etc seem to fit the springs without them anyway to get it a bit lower

I'd just get some springs made to the right height and not bother with adjustors

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The guy i bought these off said euro car parts can't get the bit i need :(

Eurocarparts are the importer for H&R btw, so when you pay £950 to Ktec/Motorsportworld/Venom, etc, they simply phone up ECP and they courier them out to you lol. If its just the spring platforms you need, you should be able to use any generic coilover ones (all they do is adjust the spring height), so just find a cheaper manufacturer.

BG 182 FF
Cheers for all your help guys! Iv been offered a set of brand new gaz adjusters, do you think these will fit ok?