ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people slating my 172

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
ok i got a wee tango on a private road against a wee nova running 160 bhp ish ... sat with it till 135 then at the last bit b4 the end i was just about to overtake it and then i go on the local forum *strathycruise* only to find the clio is once again getting slated i hate it when this happens people saying oh it should be quicker and stuff so annoying i think ill save up for sum cams :rasp:

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
nova's are mega light.. so a wouldnt worry!!!

btw strathycruise is for bellends;)

Leon Cupra 300
If the Nova's about 160 that's right, you'll be lucky if yours has 165 std!

Get yourself on a meet rather than a cruise!

I just read strathycruise - that was enough for me. Seen thier site etc, loads of neds on it. I wouldn't worry about some dude in his nova tbh.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah its neddy i aint a member my mate us txt me this morning telling me the guy wrote stuff on it end off the day id rather have my nice wee motor rather than a squib :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
that nova is probably a death trap anyway!!!

airbags??? hmmmm dont think so
xenons??? same
half leather??? same

need i say more

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
got to love the old nova chat!
your 172 monaco or?

As said above, theres a meet in march time with a blast up to inverness planned

Mk4 .:R32
hmmmm. Would you rather have a chav-shed with 165bhp, or a decent car for the price, nice inside, nice to drive etc as standard which is around the same in terms of performance?

If you want the 172 to be faster, just strip it out to save a few kilos (back seats, spare wheel etc) and gets cams and inlets with a remap.

ok i got a wee tango on a private road against a wee nova running 160 bhp ish ... sat with it till 135 then at the last bit b4 the end i was just about to overtake it and then i go on the local forum *strathycruise* only to find the clio is once again getting slated i hate it when this happens people saying oh it should be quicker and stuff so annoying i think ill save up for sum cams :rasp:

sounds like you let the side down...

plus the fact the guy didnt even know what type of car it was...(called it a 182)...

"hey i raced a porsche and won...think it was one of those GT3 thingmys..not sure tho.."

i wouldnt worry...((or race either at the moment with the police presence)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Strathycruise, lovely.

Tollan, what are the details of the car?

ClioSport is a club for clios, (although most of the people who turn up to the meets, have moved onto better cars for their lifestyles). No one really would slate a car on here, it happens, but only to a select few. Mostly because of the boy racer syndrome. Welcome to the club anyway.

Get along to a meet.

Myself and Gazmar may meet tonight, so fancy yourself joining us to take a gander at your car?

Ad

MK2 FRS
is this the forum that frequents the theme park carpark...

grrr.. get on my wick when Im staying the Alona.

clio sport
Get ursel a nova!! ive had a nov and a clio and pulled hunners ae burds wae the nov but none wae the clio! only boys!!pure babe magnet!

What happened to the girl from strathycruise who was on here with the black 182 with gash rear lights.

A quick venture onto that site was enough to put me off my dinner lol.

Mondeo TDCI 130
santa98.jpg

There is nothing wrong with that! Its nice to see a tidy example around!

182 Trophy & Megabusa
oh no, your car got slated on a cruise site....forget about it!

but sitting at 135, if anyone/thing shouild be slated it is you!! was it really worth risk of an instant ban to race a nova?

just let the nutters get on with it and drive at a normal speed or do a trackday which the nova owners cannot afford to do!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
santa98.jpg

There is nothing wrong with that! Its nice to see a tidy example around!

MMMmmmm silk violet gsi. Always wanted one back in the day :dapprove:

Nice that, 2.0 LET to drop in you mean, remember that one in stoke?! :evil: