ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pearl Black 172 Phase 2 with Turini's and coilovers!

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
i love this...its making me want to get a spare set of turini's instead of the 182 wheels :eek:

also are your windows tinted slightly?

2001 Clio RS MKII
Thanks for all the great reply's! Glad to see and read you like my RS over there!

I want to get spacers and be that low but mine with turinis is low but no spacers do you not get any scrubbing?

There's only some scrubbing when I drive too fast over a speedbump. The inside of rear arches are rolled out to eliminate rubbing at the back.

Sorry to sound daft but are you running 20mm either side for such a wide stance or is it 10mm either side on the front and 7.5mm either side on the rear?

It's 20mm on each side for the front, so it's 40mm wider than original.

i love this...its making me want to get a spare set of turini's instead of the 182 wheels :eek:

also are your windows tinted slightly?

The windows are original, so not tinted

Clio 197 RB
This car is Stunning. I'm actually considering selling my 182 Cup and downgrading to a Black 172, just so I can buy some Turinis and lower it like yours.
Good work mate.

Clio 197 RB
Where did you get your Rokkor coilovers from. The Rokkor website only lists German Cars Audi VW ETC

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
The memories....

Makes me want to get a black 172 and do the same again.

StAndrewsDirtyClioJan09002.jpg

clio 172 sport
where did you get the spacers bud,looks awesome the way its sitting,mines is similar only the wheels sit in too much,does the tyres rub at all??

work for BMW
This car is Stunning. I'm actually considering selling my 182 Cup and downgrading to a Black 172, just so I can buy some Turinis and lower it like yours.
Good work mate.

im feeling exactly the same!

2001 Clio RS MKII
Beautiful.

Don't do anything else to it.

Still doubting about placing a Milltek 182-look custom made exhaust, but I'm not sure if I should do that...

where did you get the spacers bud,looks awesome the way its sitting,mines is similar only the wheels sit in too much,does the tyres rub at all??

Tyres are still rubbing al little on the back, so I'm considering to place 12mm spacers or higher it al little...If I could choose I would choose neither of them, because I love how it's standing at the moment!

Where did you get your Rokkor coilovers from. The Rokkor website only lists German Cars Audi VW ETC

I got them from Ebay. Some time ago I requested a new set for a friend of mine, but they are sold out and they told me they won't make new ones anymore.

The memories....

Makes me want to get a black 172 and do the same again.

View attachment 62035

That car has persuaded me to go for the Turini's! Really like the stance and the wheels underneath it! Especially the pictures taken in that parking garage:hail:

Good work mate.
im feeling exactly the same!

Those are big compliments!! I wish I could by an Artic blue or LY, but there aren't much of them over here. But I like my Pearl Black at the moment, especially when I have given it a proper clean :)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Thanks mate

I'm in the process of a looking at a black 172 at the moment lol

GSXR + KDX220
I have to agree with everyone, that looks awsome!!! Perfect stance/height/combination :cool:

2001 Clio RS MKII
Thnx all!

Just had the car for the MOT last monday, but it didn't get trough... My right driveshaft is broken again, I already replaced it last March. I think it's caused by the lowness of the Clio :( For the MOT I already put the Clio a bit higher, because they couldn't get it on the thing in this picture, I don't know how it's called in English ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQutWuxWfU4BsHrL6y35kbJt4-euNAl_bQKp42B_0QOZxMS92DIUA.jpg

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I had this same problem, the amount of CV boots I went through was unreal. I actually had the driveshaft shortend by a mechanic then camber sorted and made a massive diffrence handling wise and saving on CV boots/driveshafts ;)

PB172,dci100,dci65
Great looking 172....found this topic as I am choosing between silver and antracite colors of turinis for my black 172 ph2.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I don't often comment in these threads- but what a cracking job you've done on the car :)