ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PE2's overhyped?

I've got a full set on mine which i got when i bought the car, and i'll be needing 2 new front tyres soon (on about 2.5-3mm tread), but honestly i can't see what all the hype is about with them? Unless i have a bad example or they are worn in a bad way, they do not handle well at all, and are extremely poor in the wet!
I'll be looking at getting some V12's after reading alot of threads on what people are buying now that the PE2's are expensive and particularly hard to get hold of as they're not produced anymore!

I just had one question about the V12's, how do the compare to the PE2's? Again, maybe my set are just bad for some reason or other, they seem pretty poor!
Matt

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've got PE2's on the front of my cup, seem pretty good.... I haven't got a comparison though as i've only just got the car.

I've got V12's on my Brabus Roadster and they're awesome.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've just put V12s on the back of my car, they are really "wobbly" it's like the car slides couple inches then they grip, is odd. Drive much like eagle F1s.

PE2s are awesome, i've never used a better tyre.

There was that dodgy batch of them, maybe you have those?

clio 172 ph2
slight tangent here, whats your thoughts on pirrelli p zero nero's.............. im happy with them in dry conditions but since ive had coilies they seem bunk any ideas??

ta very much christiano

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've just put V12s on the back of my car, they are really "wobbly" it's like the car slides couple inches then they grip, is odd. Drive much like eagle F1s.

PE2s are awesome, i've never used a better tyre.

There was that dodgy batch of them, maybe you have those?

That's why I never put new tyres on the rear, always the front. There's always a bit more lateral give with new deep tread compared with part worns, 100% more noticeable when new tyres on the rear and worn on the front.

That's why I never put new tyres on the rear, always the front. There's always a bit more lateral give with new deep tread compared with part worns, 100% more noticeable when new tyres on the rear and worn on the front.

And im just about to fit brand new T1Rs on the rear of mine, to go with my worn front T1Rs lol! Oh well....had to be done for MOT time though :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Never had PE2's but love the GSD3's I have now, even if they did let go yesterday :eek:

Clio 182 arctic
slight tangent here, whats your thoughts on pirrelli p zero nero's.............. im happy with them in dry conditions but since ive had coilies they seem bunk any ideas??

ta very much christiano
had those on mine when i bought it few years back now, there not too bad in the dry but when they are low and its wet they are terrible, my opinion of course. PE2's are brilliant

Clio 172
Heard good things about them. I got dunlop sp 9000 on mine at the min. been on since ive had the car and are really good IMO. Paradas next tho i think or uniroyal rain tyres

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Best tyre I've used, best by a country mile in the wet, very impressive. Have you had your tracking checked recently?

well i got the car in July so not sure when the tracking was last done to be honest,
i'll be pricing around for pe2s, f1's & v12's a bit later on, and then will decide what to go for!
Hopefully some exalto's as i probably just have badly worn ones or something, but will have to see :)
i'll get the tracking done of course once i get them to be honest!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Everyone's different, but I never thought that much of PE2's. Prefer the V12's, I'm going to give the V1's a go next, review well in europe.

well i got the car in July so not sure when the tracking was last done to be honest,
i'll be pricing around for pe2s, f1's & v12's a bit later on, and then will decide what to go for!
Hopefully some exalto's as i probably just have badly worn ones or something, but will have to see :)
i'll get the tracking done of course once i get them to be honest!

That could mean it's never been done and could potentially be far out. Tracking can make the difference between a death trap and a car that grips well. Have you examined the front tyres, are they 100% evenly worn across their tread?

seem to be worn ok to be honest, so i would assume the tracking is ok!

just got some quotes,

from a local place:
pe2's £260 fitted
v12's £160 fitted

kwik 'ill damage your alloy' fit:
pe2's £268.50 fitted (supposed £43.50 discount (original £312))

i can't seem to find the pe2's on camskill anymore, anyone got a link?
need the 205/16/45's for the standard 182 alloy! hoping i can get them cheaper?
the local place said they'd fit & track for £20 so that seems good!

Ouch, last set I got were £86 a corner from Birchdown :) I should maybe have bought an extra set!