ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PE2s and Pilotsport 3s

Titanium 182
My rears are currently below 4mm and needing replaced soon. My fronts are about 6mm

I see that they no longer make PE2s and have been replaced by pilotsport 3s. I want to buy new rears and it would be Pilotsport 3s. I take it there will be no problems with them on the rear and PE2s on the front?

Or should I just go all out and get Pilotsport 3s all round

Thanks

Titanium 182
Found them to be excellent and never lost grip once, great handling in all weather.
They also last forever. I Fitted new PE2s on the front in June 2009 and they have only worn 1-2 mm. Not replaced the rears yet and iv had the car like 3 years :S
I know they are expensive but Im not skimping when it comes to tyres

Titanium 182
I know the Hankook V12s are recommended, some even say they are better than the PE2s
Dunno whether to get them on the rear and leave the PE2s on front. What do you recommend?

RB One Eight Two
I have just put PS3s all round on my 182 and they are superb tyres. They are excellent in the wet and even better in the dry. They have never lost grip.

Highly recommend them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know the Hankook V12s are recommended, some even say they are better than the PE2s
Dunno whether to get them on the rear and leave the PE2s on front. What do you recommend?

It's a minefield! As soon as you recommend a tyre, someone will come along saying that tyre x is better (despite probably having never tried any other).

Ps3's will not be a bad tyre. I imagine they are very good. All I can say is ive used pe2's, f1's, t1r's, conti sport etc. When mine need replacing I'll be going back to the v12's.

i currently have Hankooks on the front and PE2's on the rear that need replacing soon think i will go for the PS3's.

Where can you get PE2's from if thier still on the market?

Clio 182 arctic
ive just bought 2 ps3's and put them on the back, they're fine. plenty of grip at the back from them, and it may be just me but they do seem quieter. according to the tests they are supposed to stop a little bit better in the wet also. always a bonus.