ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Help!!!

Golf GTi Mk1
My hard drive was getting full so i have cleared loads of pictures and removed programs that i never use to free up some space, but now when ever i turn on my computer i get a box come up saying "Windows Installer"
Then underneath "Preparing To Install" i can still use the internet no problem but its just annoying, if i press cancel it says "cancelling" but nothing happens its so annoying!!
Anyone help me out???

SLK 350
Im guessing theres an .msi somewhere thats running from your start-up folder, or registry.

Start>Run>msconfig

Goto Start Up tab, and untick things you deem unnecessary, make a note of what you uncheck and reboot until the installer is gone.

Fiesta ST
I've seen Norton cause similar issues - if its expired its no good as a anti-virus anyway, maybe get AVG for free?

Unistall Norton and bin it :) crappest software ever.

Golf GTi Mk1
yeah i will get rid of norton then, when i try to do it from the control panel it says "another installer is curruntly running, please wait for it to complete and try again" but i have just re-booted my machine so how can another installer be running!??