ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paypal payments

Rav4
Hi,

Don't use it often, and normally always small amounts.

Anyway, seen a toy I want which is over 1k.

I don't want to transfer the money from my own account as there is no insurance.

If I do it through paypal, it's insured apparently.

Question is, can I pay that amount into someones paypal account and how do I do it.

Thanks,

G.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
to pay it with paypal is going to be expensive as you will be charged the fee.. which id expect would by rocket high..

Best way is probably Bank Transfer, as you will be covered by your bank etc.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
nope, if you send it as a gift it will still charge you..

im not sure about the other options like: money owed to some 1 etc. as i need to transfer a large amount to some 1 end of the month, so just tryin to source the best way.

Ye personal if your using either Debit or Credit card, then they add the charge of 3.4% ..

so in your case it would be= £1000 /(divide) 100 *(times) 3.4% = £34

AK

M240i
I never get charged for "gifting" money to people via paypal.

Only been small amounts, 10-15 quid, but never been charged.

There is a charge on gifts over a certain amount. I'm not sure what that limit is but its fairly low, certainly under £1000.

Also, if you pay by gift then there is no insurance. You can't claim for anything because why would you need to claim for a lost/broken item if you've sent someone some money as a gift?

Depending on who you are buying from and what they want to do, but offer them the £1k and they might just take a hit on the fees (£34.20) or you might just need to pay £1034.20 to cover them so they still get £1k.

I certainly wouldn't pay as a gift.

DMS

A thirsty 172
If you've got a credit card with a limit that's more than the value of the item you're buying, use the credit card to pay for it. Just about all transactions you make with a credit card are covered by the card issuer.
Then pay the money back straight away so you don't incur any interest or charges.
Miss PayPal out of the equation too, so no fees from them.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
If you've got a credit card with a limit that's more than the value of the item you're buying, use the credit card to pay for it. Just about all transactions you make with a credit card are covered by the card issuer.
Then pay the money back straight away so you don't incur any interest or charges.
Miss PayPal out of the equation too, so no fees from them.

Best way by far. Covered by CC company and no PayPal fees

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Agreed, used to work for a bank, your covered by your CC company. PayPal will be expensive and i'm not sure if the "gift" payment method is covered under paypals protection scheme. Anyways dont do a bank transfer like it says above as Debit/Current account funds are not covered by the bank unless you pay for that feature.

I'd pay cash on collection or credit card :)