ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

parts for top end rebuild

Clio 172 2002
what parts do I need in order to fully rebuild the top end ? part numbers would be greatly appreciated

timing and dephasser pully also needed and will be ordered. also bearing for the crank.

Clio 172 2002
Yes the bearings are indeed bottom end :) I'm sorry for the confusion those are not needed.

Just would like to know the parts needed for a top end rebuild, My mate bought a ph1 172 and it's smoking abit on startup, also it sounds like a tractor so dephaser must be dead ( also virtually it's not pulling at all after 5k rpm and can barely reach 6 ), it also had like 20% engine oil in it. also when running CLIIP or CLIPP diagnostics (the official renault diagnostics thingy) all it says is Dead upstream Oxygen sensor.

We are still deciding if were gonna do a top end rebuild but would like to know the parts needed.
so far were gonna get all engine mounts new, new dephaser pulley, new lambda sensor, new full exhaust system ( It has the 1.6 exhaust on it ) and fill her up with some oil.
after that we will see how she performs and decide on the next course of action.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
There's a seal in the top of the rocker cover, it's likes crank seal and blows oil out.. Left hand side near the top cam cover..

Wish I had a new one when i was doing then belts.

340i
You can buy a top end rebuild kit from Renault... quite cheap aswell, the kit includes:

Head Gasket
Valve Stem Oil Seals
Inlet manifold gaskets, upper and lower
Inlet manifold rear rubber breather seal
Thermostat housing gasket
Camshaft oil seals
VVT Solenoid Seal
Dephaser Bolt and Cap seal
Exhaust cam Nut
Exhaust manifold gasket