ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0302

E36 328i
Right!

Since buying my 2003 Clio 172 cup, I thought it had been running a bit funny. Today confirmed this when it started missing really badly (sounding like a lawn mower) before throwing on the check engine light. Code reader gives code P0302 which is really handy as this is specific to a missfire on cylinder 2.

I have literally just changed coils, HT's and plugs. My question is this, is the next logical step the injector? I've read a few things on here that have mentioned unplugging the affected cylinder's injector to see if there is any change, how exactly do you do this? Does anyone have photos of the item I need to unplug as I am a bit of a dunce when it comes stuff like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clio 182 cup ff
I had.this. replaced leads plugs and coil pack. Injector sorted.it. £80 from.renault.
If you remove the front cast cover over the fuel rail to gain access you will see all four injectors.
They run from left to right as 4321. Each injector has a plug attached. You will need a long reach 10mm
To get at the 2 bolts holding the crash coved on and then looking at the fuel rail.it.will become.clear

E36 328i
Sweet, thanks man. I've had another code come up today, P0202, open injector circuit cylinder 2. Pretty much a given hopefully. Haven't had the car long so hopefully I can cure this and start having fun! ! !

E36 328i
Ok so I've been doing quite a bit of searching on here and noticed a lot of threads aren't updated by the OP. In this case it was a faulty injector at £80 :)