ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Owned the car 3 weeks & just smashed it!!

Clio Sport
Hi,

I brought a mint 2004 Clio sport around 3 weeks ago and ive had my first accident in 10 years by going up the back of someone this morning....gutted. The car is now at the Assessors.

We were waiting at some lights and i basically thought he was going looked the other way and bang!! The problem for me is that he had a tow bar so his car is fine but the bar smashed through my bumper and looks like it has moved the radiator back.

I drove the car away from the scene but it vibrated and made a noise all the way to work. It was then towed from there.

Im a little worried about what damage i have done and if it will be wrote off. I brought it for $14,000 Aussie so hoping the damage isnt to severe but something was obviously causing the vibration and making a nasty noise, which funnily enough stopped when i put it in neutral.

Anyone done anything similar???

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
$14,000 for an 04? wonder it costs to export cliosports to Oz

P.S. sorry about your accident, could have been worse though, you could have broken down at Wolf Creek..

Clio Sport
Yeah fair point breaking down at Wolf Creek wouldnt have been great!!! Shocking movie!!!!

Hoping the insurance takes care of it, although parts may be a problem!!

Golf
Sorry to hear that, Nearly done something similar at a roundabout, started edging forward while looking right, it was clear so kept moving not realising the car infront had stopped :S

Stopped just in time though :)

Civic Vtec y0
Hi,

I brought a mint 2004 Clio sport around 3 weeks ago and ive had my first accident in 10 years by going up the back of someone this morning....gutted. The car is now at the Assessors.

We were waiting at some lights and i basically thought he was going looked the other way and bang!! The problem for me is that he had a tow bar so his car is fine but the bar smashed through my bumper and looks like it has moved the radiator back.

I drove the car away from the scene but it vibrated and made a noise all the way to work. It was then towed from there.

Im a little worried about what damage i have done and if it will be wrote off. I brought it for $14,000 Aussie so hoping the damage isnt to severe but something was obviously causing the vibration and making a nasty noise, which funnily enough stopped when i put it in neutral.

YUP! only it was me that got hit. Car was only 6 weeks old :(

Still not heard anything and the accident was on 15th Jan!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
This sounds similar to a new trend in accidents happening in the uk. Criminal gangs are deliberately causing accidents by not moving off and being rear ended. The occupants then falsely claim for injuries. Seen it on the tv where an investigator was staking out a junction that had been used for this .

Nothing to do with you accident. Hope you get it sorted....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This sounds similar to a new trend in accidents happening in the uk. Criminal gangs are deliberately causing accidents by not moving off and being rear ended. The occupants then falsely claim for injuries. Seen it on the tv where an investigator was staking out a junction that had been used for this

Someones been watching far too much Television.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Someones been watching far too much Television.

Are you saying you don't believe this is happening? It happens a lot round here, not being racist but its the asians (Pakistanis) doing it, they don't do it at junctions though they do it while going along, they get a mate in front to slam the brakes on, which they then do too, making the car behind go into them, the car in front drives off and the one in the middle, mr scammer, blames the car that drove away. It happened to a mate of mine but the case was dropped when a witness said there was only 2 people in the car that was hit, they had made whiplash claims for 5 occupants.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Are you saying you don't believe this is happening? It happens a lot round here, not being racist but its the asians (Pakistanis) doing it, they don't do it at junctions though they do it while going along, they get a mate in front to slam the brakes on, which they then do too, making the car behind go into them, the car in front drives off and the one in the middle, mr scammer, blames the car that drove away. It happened to a mate of mine but the case was dropped when a witness said there was only 2 people in the car that was hit, they had made whiplash claims for 5 occupants.

Tw*ts :mad:

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Sorry to hear about the incident.

Richard UK - Your very specific saying its the Pakistani's? Abit harsh IMO. I'm asian, and i dont do it.

Each to there own i suppose :quiet:

200 Gordini
Happend to me too!

Pulled away from traffic lights, just as i was slipping in to second the bloke in front slammed on his brakes for no reason, we had a pretty small bump but there was damage caused to my bonnet and front of car.

My insurance didnt pay out for his whiplash claim and hes taking me to court, ive had 2 years no claims in dispute for a year and half :mad:

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Sorry to hear about the incident.

Richard UK - Your very specific saying its the Pakistani's? Abit harsh IMO. I'm asian, and i dont do it.

Each to there own i suppose :quiet:

Sorry I should have said its a certain gang of asians doing it, didn't mean all asians are doing it.

Sorry to the OP for keep going off topic.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear that, Nearly done something similar at a roundabout, started edging forward while looking right, it was clear so kept moving not realising the car infront had stopped :S

Stopped just in time though :)

I did the same thing before, was approaching a massive roundabout, following a car infront. I look right ans there is nothing coming, AT ALL! not a single car to be seen so i keep going without stopping then look forward again and the c**t had stopped! WTF! I know I should have been looking forward and that but its silly w*****s like this that cause unessecary accidents! :mad:

Clio 172
Hi,

Sorry to here fella happened to me but someone mangled our 3 week old 172 this week.Only car i've ever had i enjoyed driving. typical.hope things go smooth for you mate as insurance/solicters =headaches.:(