ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclocking CPU help

Clio 172 Mk2
Anyone on here a bit of whizz when it comes to overclocking a cpu? Could do with asking someone a couple of questions

Clio 172 Mk2
basically mate ive already bought the CPU and overclocked it but just wanna check everything is ok.

I purchased the quad core q6600. I've overclocked it to 3ghz using a 8x multiplier, 375mhz fsb. Is this ok or would be 9x and 333mhz be better?

The only thing is 9x 333 ran absolutely fine but 8x 375 wouldn't boot up until i changed the memory muliplier so the memory was running at 900 instead of 1000 and something. Does this sound right?? I haven't changed any voltages either, is this ok?

2014 Focus Titanium
Higher FSB x lower multiplier > lower FSB x bigger muiltiplier.

what RAM is it? How much and how many sticks?

Shed.
Have you got an aftermarket CPU cooler ?

Have the same setup cept my ram is 1066mhz, im running abot 1mhz under 3.2GHz. Had some silly problems getting it to boot with 4gb of ram tho. The ram would not run at 1066mhz at 3.2 GHz, was running at something likle 1033 or something, took the cpu down about 1mhz and it was fine, ram is at 1066mhz and the cpu is running at like 3.199ghz lol. 9x multiplier tho and 4 sticks of 1GB, EVGA 680i motherboard.

I cant run more than 3.3GHz stable and even then i dont trust it so im running it at 3.2GHz.

Your setup souns fine to me. Personally i would use the 9X multiplier but others will tell you to use 8x. Dont think it makes much of a difference tbh.