ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outside temp gauge...NO DISPLAY!

Williams

Can anyone tell me how to get the temp gauge working again, Its the one that tells you the outside air temp.?? The display on the dash doesnt light up. Any ideas???? Cheers

2005 Impreza WRX STI

will be something to do wish dash.maybe the bulb. if u disconnect the sensor it flashes with a number cant remember off the top of my head

Volvo S60 T5

If your temp display is flashing then its the outside sensor in the wing mirror, if you have no display at all its the display unit bulbs.

If the display has had it they dont cost to much anyway, something like £20.00
The sensor is £70.00 work that one out display unit 20, poxy little sensor 70:confused:

Williams

Cheers for that. Dont really wanna mess with the dash, last valver I had I lost speedo n rev counter lights. From what I remember they are LEDs??

Suzuki SV650

The dash on the mark 1s is a piece of piss to take out. Just take off the top part of the dash, remove some of the steering column shroud and then you can get to the screws that hold in the clocks. Disconnect the cables from the back of the clocks and slide them out. The dash is lit up by bulbs there are no led things to replace.

Skoda Fabia vRS

might sound daft but try hitting it, sometimes mine doesnt come on, rare, but it jus needs a tap

Williams

My 1st valver lost rev counter light, then when i took a closer look (removed clocks) it looked complicated. on putting it back together i found all the lights had stopped working, great fun at night not knowing how fast your going!!!! Im tempted to pay someone to do it, but I know they will charge the earth!