ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outside door handle removal

1.2 16v
One of the minor tweek's I want to perform on my clio is to take the outside door handles off and sand down and colour code them with the rest of her. Atm they're the standards bobbly Matt black colour. Would this be feasible? Or would it jus be better to lurk around the scrappies in a money saving light??

I'll hopefully be colour coding the rest of her such as the bumpers or paint her up in a gloss black, so could also make the handles gloss black come to think of it.

Do I need to take the inside of the door off in order to reach any clips it has etc to take it off?

I have an idea on what to do but wether what I think is correct or not I don't know! Any guides would be great, otherwise I'll just learn as I go.

-Craigo

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yes. Remove the inside door trim, and the there are 2 bolts to be undone. The connecting clip comes away, so make sure you suss out how it goes back in, or it will fall to the inside and then you will have to spend a while sussing out how to connect it between the door locking mechanism and the inside of the door handle.

1.2 16v
Great thanks Don!
Thinking of making every plastic part like a gloss black, smoothed down at least!

Might take a while like! Loads of plastic on these 1.2's!

Or would colour coded parts like better? Obviously it's not got the sport trim on the outside so it'll look different, I just don't want it to look like the campus... Which is enough to make me puke :(

Last edited:
  1.2 16v
I... Dunnooo :p It's a weird little thing!

It's like the fat little ginger cousin everyone's got. You know it's related but where it's come from only GOD knows! ;)