ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook help

Chelsea tractor
I can only receive emails with my uni alumni email address as it's only like a bouncer service.

Both this uni address and my gmail address are set up on outlook.

Is there any way that I can send an email through my gmail account in Outlook and make it so that when they click "reply" it sends to my alumni email? Just looks a bit funny if I reply with [xxx]@gmail.com

Just change the settings in your email accounts option.

Change the "Email address" to your uni one (this will display your uni one in their inbox), and click 'Advanced' or 'More settings' and add your email address to the "Reply Email" option (this will automatically show your uni email when they press reply)

Better than yours. C*nt.
As I think he's tried to say - put your alumni email address down in your 'Reply-to' section under Email Account Settings.

Chelsea tractor
Awesome cheers guys :)

Is there any way of it not saying "from [xxx]@gmail.com" on the header or will I just have to live with that?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Awesome cheers guys :)

Is there any way of it not saying "from [xxx]@gmail.com" on the header or will I just have to live with that?

You can change your email address shown on the account instead of just the reply to address?

Chelsea tractor
Right I'm confused now. If I put my uni email in the "reply to" bit it shows that it is sent from my gmail in the title, but replies are made to go to my uni one.

If I put my uni bouncer email thing in the "User Information > E-mail Address" (and leave "More settings > reply to" blank) it changes nothing - both "From" and "reply to" are still the gmail account :(

Better than yours. C*nt.
You need to change the email address for the User Infomation - Email Address for your G-Mail account...

Chelsea tractor
Aah ok. That still says "sent from [xxx]@gmail on behalf of [xxx]@alumni.xxx.ac.uk" though?

Ah that sucks.. :p

Oddly, my iPhone doesn't show the "on behalf of" it just shows the secondary e-mail address.. Outlook is a bit more clever and does show the "on behalf of".

It'll just look crap for Outlook users.

The Outlook thing must be because it displays the "Sender:" header.
So it's not truely masked.. as anyone viewing the source will see that..

Sucks.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Not sucks - good. Anything that makes the scamming, spamming tosspot's life harder is good.

Sure you don't want to buy a laptop?

Not sucks - good. Anything that makes the scamming, spamming tosspot's life harder is good.

I liked it better when you had a 5 post limit tbqfh! :quiet:

(It sucks, and no I don't want a laptop)

Oh, wanna buy a spam filter?

Better than yours. C*nt.

I liked it better when you had a 5 post limit tbqfh! :quiet:

(It sucks, and no I don't want a laptop)

Oh, wanna buy a spam filter?

Got 6 thanks, one on my server, one on my mail server here, one on in Outlook, one on the Domino server in the office, one on Lotus Notes and one on my Hotmail account.

:rasp: