ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ormskirk Motorfest

Renault Clio
25136f20d6468023bca950c7c64d6af1.jpg
39983187718d2794be433507798165e6.jpg

A few very nice clios today

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
No I didn't do it but I sprint and hillclimb with Paul he's always quick in theat Clio.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Yeah that's mine, shame you took the photos on its bad side (crushed sill, creased rear panel - it was worse than that until my mate got his portapower on it)

First time ive ever done an autosolo so 3rd was pretty good. As Johnny said I normally do sprints and hillclimbs. Could have done with proper sticky tyres on the front like the BAT Motorsport micra and corsa that beat me, rather than the normal road tyres I was using.
My last 3 runs were my quickest, 28.13 using the handbrake, 28.13 without using the handbrake and then 28.19 using the handbrake again!! More fun with the handbrake!

My lad enjoyed his ride round on the parade laps too.

Good day out with great weather

The other Cup is a young lad called Daniel who also does sprints and hill climbs and hes getting very competitive too (I do teach him a bit) although he wasn't confident to try his handbrake on the autosolo.

Renault Clio
Sorry Paul, you can hardly tell though !! Thanks for the tip about Agency transmissions, if ever you need any A048 soft's 195-50-15 let me know I have loads of them normally, let me know when your next hill climb / sprint is as it's something I would like to come and watch and maybe start doing, cheers Dave

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Next Sprint is Wigan on September 7th
Im not allowed to use 'track tyres' for sprints and hillclimbs, only allowed to use 'road tyres'. (MSA Blue book tyre list 1A)

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Don't think so, unless I cant fit in another round of the speedchampionship somewhere else after the gearbox problem stopped me doing Loton.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Don't think so, unless I cant fit in another round of the speedchampionship somewhere else after the gearbox problem stopped me doing Loton.

You having problems with the gripper Paul? :( sad to see another Clio with a black bumper is your rear black too

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Although Paul didnt win the event his driving style was the most spectacular and always received the loudest applause.
Excellent exhibition of tight driving control skills.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
No problem with the gripper, I had a selector fork end break off and jam the box up so it had to be rebuilt and have a few bits replaced. It had only done 500 miles but s**t happens.

There are so many cups about now doing sprints and hill climbs etc I wanted mine to look a bit different so its got the front and rear bumpers, door strips and mirror caps off my spare black car.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Just checked the calendar and I am very limited as to what I can still enter so I will be entering Aintree Sprint on the 6th of September too

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Just checked the calendar and I am very limited as to what I can still enter so I will be entering Aintree Sprint on the 6th of September too

Nice one I can't do Wigan as I'm out on the town after Aintree

Clio 182 Trophy
Can't believe I missed this being down the road.

Is anyone going to Aintree for the track day on 4th October? I'm thinking of going there for the first time.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
For Autosolos, technically the course shouldn't require the use of handbrake turns, but not all organisers follow this. I never use the handbrake, just pump up the front tyres by an extra half bar, and the rears by 1.5 bar and the lift-off oversteer takes care of the rest.