ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

original brakes set up?

Clio 182
Hi just wondering how good the standard 182 brakes are in comaprasion to cheap aftermarket discs and pads?

Which i hsve on the car at the momement (on the car when i brought it)

Because when the brakes get a bit of heat in them, they jsut feel like they dont want to stop the car and take much longer the stop :eek:

Regards

Is it the fuild or the pads? How exactly are you braking?

Stock setup is very very good from memoery it was better at 100mph to 0 than a 911 turbo fo the day (when the 172 came out and the 182 share the same brakes)

The weekness on the brakes is the 182 wheel they don't let the brakes cool well.

Clio 182
just normally and it feels rubbish, but there is a good contry i have to go down to see my family once in a while, and that entails heavy braking/ accleration which is fun but scary,

im more concerned with the day to day feel on my comute to work they just feel s**t

the pads and disks look barley used maybe a few 000 miles etc and and there is plently of brake fluid

any ideas??

regards

just normally and it feels rubbish, but there is a good contry i have to go down to see my family once in a while, and that entails heavy braking/ accleration which is fun but scary,

im more concerned with the day to day feel on my comute to work they just feel s**t

the pads and disks look barley used maybe a few 000 miles etc and and there is plently of brake fluid
Has the brake fluid been fully bled?

Cheap pads can be rubish but there are some which are almost the same as standard but if you glaze any pads they can be rubish

Seat Ibiza
If you know they are cheap crap on there I would change it for some better stuff.

The fluid may never have been changed either, I changed it on mine with some braided hoses and it made a massive difference.

Clio 182
thank you i will repalce for orginal set up all round then with some new fluid and see how it goes!!

regards