ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions

Clio 172 ph2
wp_ss_20141224_0005.png
I found this on a Fast Car issue from years ago, just wondered what peoples thoughts are, I'm tempted by the colour scheme but not the stance. Also, has anybody colour coded the front grill?

BG Clio 182
I'll leave that then lol! Any ideas what I can do?
Nothing from f**king max power mate.

The car is a boy racing car anyway. Accentuating that is just silly. Keep it standard. Tasteful mods. Lowered, spacered. De badged with new style badge instead maybe? Maybe some resprayed dash trims? Some recaro seats? Just don't do that to it mate its f**king vile

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Take the S & E off the number plate & that's the car your left with............

BG Clio 182
Take the S & E off the number plate & that's the car your left with............
Haha that's a good one.

Do you remember on a different note selling a black gold 182 with factory fit recaros to someone

SO55 FBB? I've got it and had it for some time, just wondered your thoughts if you remember it haha I know you do a trillion cars ;) and so much love for your vee :(

LY 200 EDC LUX
Wtf is that?

As much as I detest that sort of look I.e 'stanced' / 'slammed' etc, its your car so do what you want to.

Just not that.

Not a fan of that colour scheme. To be honest I prefer cars to look as close to stock as possible and the only modifications that interest me are under the bonnet, with only visual modifications being things like bigger 4pot brakes, suspension modifications etc.

Each to their own though...

Clio 172 ph2
I'm not doing that to it, just thought about the colour, I don't want to just put some black or grey rims on it as it will just look the same as so many other silver ones that are about. That's why I ask for opinions, all are appreciated. I don't want a tacky, chav look bit want to be different too.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not doing that to it, just thought about the colour, I don't want to just put some black or grey rims on it as it will just look the same as so many other silver ones that are about. That's why I ask for opinions, all are appreciated. I don't want a tacky, chav look bit want to be different too.
My wheels aren't grey / black. However, mine is a stripped out track day car which does help they lairy colour of the wheels. If it had an interior and not been chanegd for track then I would have gone dark grey wheels or back to standard.

There could be a reason why the majority of Clios have grey / black / standard colour wheels.

Most people modify older fast hot hatches. I understand most people want to modify their cars differently but I'd say keep things as close as stock as possible and just clean things up.

From what I've seen its rare to find a Clio 172 or 182 completely stock, so being close to stock is certainly "different".

An analogy for me is like people who get tattoos to be different yet every Tom Dick and Harry has tattoos nowadays lol

What does your car look like now?

BG Clio 182
At the end of the day, modifying these cars usually ends up looking tacky.

On about daily or weekend drivers here. They should feel special and not make you feel silly. I'm not judging, but on your profile it shows your age and I think you'd be getting a lot of attention and people taking the piss if you were driving that mate it's shite. Put the money into proper mods. Lower it, get a snarly exhaust and induction if you want it to stand out but that is just maccys w*****s cars and when you come to sell it, it'll be worth f**k all mate.

At the end of the day, modifying these cars usually ends up looking tacky.

On about daily or weekend drivers here. They should feel special and not make you feel silly. I'm not judging, but on your profile it shows your age and I think you'd be getting a lot of attention and people taking the piss if you were driving that mate it's shite. Put the money into proper mods. Lower it, get a snarly exhaust and induction if you want it to stand out but that is just maccys w*****s cars and when you come to sell it, it'll be worth f**k all mate.

Totally agree. Obviously everyone knows modifications are always money down the drain, and no one modieifies a car to make money, but often modifications end up making a car worth even less than it would be standard.

I recently saw a 182 trophy heavily modified, I think it's a waste as a car like that fully stock will probably go up in value as it ages. I reckon it will be a bit of a classic.

But saying all that when I first started driving I was modifying even car I owned and looking back it just makes me cringe. I'd had a black 1.2 black punto, I had bought tinting spray to tint the rear lights black, put black wolf race wheels on, lowered it to the ground and couldn't get over speed bumps, and the loudest backbox I could get. I thought it was great, but the reality was I looked like a c**t.

Nowadays it's definitely substance over style for me. Anything I do to a car is to improve the drive/performance.

Clio 172 ph2
Its standard at the moment apart from a 4" straight through exhaust and I lowered it 40mm last weekend. I saw as soon as it was lower it could do with spacers. Gonna give the engine a good shine as soon as the weather lets me - bond with it lol

I personally think keep the wheels colour as it is.

Just keep the car clean, and then spend the rest of your money on v-power and decent tyres :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Haha that's a good one.

Do you remember on a different note selling a black gold 182 with factory fit recaros to someone

SO55 FBB? I've got it and had it for some time, just wondered your thoughts if you remember it haha I know you do a trillion cars :wink: and so much love for your vee 😧

Yes it was a nice car. Although I sold 2 BGs on the trott with Recaros- but should be good.