ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on value of this Williams

PH1 V6
Hi all,

Have stumbled across a Williams 2 for sale today through a local car dealer. Called in to have a good look over and on the whole was impressed. Details as follows:

clio williams 2 - HPI clear - 92k miles
5 previous owners with FSH (huge great file)
Front and Rear arches in excellent condition with no signs of bubbling/rust
Good paintwork with no signs of accident damage
Recently refurbished wheels in original finish
Tidy interior

Only modification is a stainless cat back exhaust (3" tailpipe).

The car is due a cambelt change and is also due to have new front discs and pads. Dealer is sorting these prior to selling and will provide necessary paperwork etc.

Asking price is 5k, which I know is top end. A very tidy little car but is it worth it?

opinions....

Renault Clio182 bean
Anywhere between 3-5k for a nice clean one, if this has no corrosion and is clean with fsh then id try offering £4500 as a cheeky offer. Just drive it to make sure the Differential/ gearbox is quiet :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't entertain buying another mk1 without getting it on a ramp first to have a good poke around underneath.

PH1 V6
Good point. From the visual I gave today it looks very tidy, but haven't driven it yet so admittedly everything could change.

love the classic look of a Williams though. Retro yet somehow timeless

Mileage is irrelevant now. All about the body work for me.

I wouldn't entertain buying another mk1 without getting it on a ramp first to have a good poke around underneath.

as above.

Once you have owned a rotten one you will never get stung twice!! I would say its had arches re done imo, the underside of mk1's especially the sills rot really bad, also the inside of the boot lid and underside of doors.

5k is way to much imo, 4k tops!!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
You can get a lot of car for 5k pal. Just make sure not blinkered, take someone else with you..

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Sounds steep money to me but guess it's all down to the condition. Have to be a1 for 5k tho.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Agree with the above, it would have to be a 1 for sure to command that price for me and be tin worm free... holy grail of a Mk1 Clio though.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Think 5k is a bit optimistic, Williams 2 also being supposedly the least "desirable" (still fantastic though!) I honestly think 4k-4.5k, 2-3 years time it could be worth 5k+ though, certainly won't loose value!

clio diesel
I wouldnt pay more than 2k for it personally. But as long as people want to burn their money it might be worth 5 to the right mug.

It will almost certainly have rust around the chassis rail on the reserve tank, along the underside of the sills and all over subframe and its mounting points.

So dont expect it to last long in the salt.

PH1 V6
Not being advertised yet and can't remember the reg off the top of my head.

5k is undoubtably toppy and naturally the dealer needs to make a profit on the car, so its not comparable to buying one privately (probably a better choice tbh).

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
You can get a lot of car for 5k pal. Just make sure not blinkered, take someone else with you..

This.

5k can buy you a bloody nice car! I also love the little Williams. However with that money in my back pocket I'd be a kid in a candy store!