ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on plastidipping

Had a search but couldnt really find anything, sorry if its already been asked. But...

Whats peoples opinions on plastidipping? Reason i ask is basically after driving around for a few months in a lowered car on poor quality coilies im kinda warming to the idea of a nice standard comfortable second car so was thinking about getting everything out my system now. So as i have already said lowering has already been done and something i have kind of always wanted to do is plastidip a whole car, so thought hey why not now? Im thinking along the lines of a black and ?????? theme but cant work out what colour? matte or gloss?

If i dont go down the plastidip route. due to poor resprays im going to have to get some better bumpers, side strips and skirts and thought if i plastidip then i wouldnt really need to do that.

So whats your opinions and what colour would you choose. I quite like a gloss white, matte bronze or matte gold.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
brilliant on little bits. bit gay on a whole car.

but it is a decent way for a cheapish colour change thats easily reversible

Second only to mass murder.

Just do it ;)

sweet sounds good to me, what colour tho?

brilliant on little bits. bit gay on a whole car.

but it is a decent way for a cheapish colour change thats easily reversible

Thats what i was thinking, if i did it and it looked gash then i just peel it off

I've heard/seen some horror stories in which the plastidip bonded with, and subsequently pulled off the lacquer.

Is that with the cheap stuff or? i plan to remove when i sell up in june anyway so hopefully it should be fine as its only a few months

Titanium 182
Used it on several parts on my previous car. The finish was flawless and it held up perfectly for over a year. There was one area that tore due to my running over a branch but it was super easy to touch up. If you want a matte look do it, however if you want gloss go for the real thing.

Used it on several parts on my previous car. The finish was flawless and it held up perfectly for over a year. There was one area that tore due to my running over a branch but it was super easy to touch up. If you want a matte look do it, however if you want gloss go for the real thing.

Im quite liking the matte idea at the moment and feel better about using it now, cheers.

id love to do it matte bronze but I can't get it in the uk so I'm quite liking matte white or purple?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I plan to Get mine done entirely in Matte Black or matte Blue. Its £350 for full car at a place in birmingham

Titanium 182
Im quite liking the matte idea at the moment and feel better about using it now, cheers.

id love to do it matte bronze but I can't get it in the uk so I'm quite liking matte white or purple?

Yea working with it is a doddle, just make sure your surface is super clean (easy job) and it goes on perfectly. 3-4 coats is ample, just avoid spraying in cold conditions especially now it's coming to winter. I have seen the purple but it had glossifier over the top, it looked really good but to be fair the colours do not disapoint. What are you thinking of spraying? Mirrors and bullets?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Yea working with it is a doddle, just make sure your surface is super clean (easy job) and it goes on perfectly. 3-4 coats is ample, just avoid spraying in cold conditions especially now it's coming to winter. I have seen the purple but it had glossifier over the top, it looked really good but to be fair the colours do not disapoint. What are you thinking of spraying? Mirrors and bullets?

AFAIK you need 5-6 Coats Minimum for a good protective layer.. 3-4 will chip off.

thats from watching all those videos on youtube.