ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops I did it again... Adey's Clio 200 EDC

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I wouldn’t mind betting that it’s not clutch slip they’re detecting - even though that’s what it feels like.

Every so often (haven’t worked out a defining factor yet) on a flat out acceleration mine will pull the power which feels like the ecu detecting slip and pulling the plug. Doesn’t do it all the time just occasionally. Now, at 173k I fully expect the stable to be a few horses short of where it should be on a brand spanking new clutch but it still gets a wriggle on when I need to which leads me to think it’s not a physical clutch wear issue, maybe an electrical issue…?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's clear as day on a dyno though when the clutches are slipping, mind couldn't hold standard boost at all in 2nd,4th and 6th.

1st, 3rd and 5th was fine.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Knock sensor was a bit iffy also. I still believe after having the front off mine that someone had a light knock in it which is where the damage resulted to the front itself and the clutch

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a few reduced power moments when I first got the car but after cleaning out the boost solenoid ive not noticed it again (the car was limiting boost pressure to 6/7psi) Id hope to have noticed a clutch issue by now?

or is it something that was only highlighted when mapping?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I had absolutely no idea until it was plotted.

I absolutely knew after it was replaced though as I didn't realise it wasn't there!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Full send @Adey. If it breaks it breaks

Chuck it on, let Chris work his magic and see what happens 🤞

200.gif

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Like I said on FB, I need!

Although I want mine more standard so I'd be losing a good 20 bhp I reckon.

What did it do pre map or was it not safe to run?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Like I said on FB, I need!

Although I want mine more standard so I'd be losing a good 20 bhp I reckon.

What did it do pre map or was it not safe to run?

Wouldnt have been wise or safe to do a pull without a map on it. youll need a hybrid of some sort on there to get 280ish, i think the stock turbo is maxed out near 250.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Been a little quiet on the Clio front. I've got a few bits I want to do but I have given it another oil and filter change. I need to revisit the front end at some point and add ducting for the rad and intercooler. Id also like to get some cold air fed up to the filter. I'm not too keen on the ITG, not for its filtration but for the fact its lost some of its coating from the inside, meaning it has sent bits of paint/powder coating through my turbo... I still need to fit the aux belt and tensioner too.

Id like to hit it up with some powerflex bushes for the engine soon, and after that I may look at the brakes.

On a side note, I've been playing with a bit of kit called renolink on @Brigsy advice. Its no joke, its dangerous! whilst changing a setting for "come home lights" I accidentally clicked a save button and rewrote every setting on there.... I spent 4.5 hours trying to recode the lighting side of the EMM to clear a warning light and message for brake lights being out! Come home lights now work though. Id like to get the lights working from the button on my card next and android auto if it can.

Other than that the car is a joy to drive still, rapid to play in when I need too (id say too much for some of the back roads near me) but easy to drive half asleep when I'm on the way to work in the early AM.

Cheeky ask... Im not too far off 1k subs on YouTube, if you haven't already, please do sub to the channel :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPilZBuroSf6ZqX-GJp8wA

Screenshot 2023-11-05 160051.png