ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ooooh white wheels!

133/225/CLS AMG
Well Sarah finally got her wheels powder coated white!!

They had a couple of scuffs and also the white contrasts the blue and matches the stripes perfectly.

Pic2WhiteWheels.gif

Pic1WhiteWheels.gif

Pic4WhiteWheels.gif

Pic5WhiteWheels.gif

Only down side is that it looks like they were done in a bit of a hurry as two of the wheels have been slightly damaged putting the tyres on. Also there doesn't seem to be as much lacquer in places as it feels glossy on the front but not between the spokes.

Spoke to Wicked Wheels who did it and they said they'd have a look on Saturday so they may end up being done again but for now they do look tasty.

133/225/CLS AMG
aswome, first 182 wheels ive seen in white

Yeah I was wondering the same to be honest. Yea never know it might be a first on here haha.

And as for lowering, she's thinking of a 30mm drop so its not to uncomfy as a daily driver.

Mondeo ST220
think it looks great, never seen it actually done before. going to be fun keeping them that white though

Clio 182
makes it look a bit weak - I saw a photoshop on here of white 182 wheels, which looked good - but now i've seen it for real, I think I'd have stuck with grey, theres too much surface area on the wheels and they look too white, if that makes any sense at all :p

but if she likes them.. :)

133/225/CLS AMG
They're not gonna be to everyone's taste but they compliment and contrast in the right ways to the colouring of the car.

At least they're a bit different than just buying a set of Turini wheels anyway. They were scuffed slightly so needed to be fixed anyway. Why not do something a bit different.

Elise S1 B&C 140
Looks awesome what a combo with the racing blue/white stripes.

Keeping them cleans your problem now ;) my Zr had white wheels washed them every other night and they still alwys look dirty.

Good mod tho'

133/225/CLS AMG
Yeah the dirt will show on em but provided they get regularly cleaned, at least they're not too fussy so not hard to clean they'll still look good cleaned up.

Besides £240 is much cheaper than a whole set of rims.

Just need to get it photographed alonside my Megane.

Meg5_NoPlates.jpg

Elise S1 B&C 140
Yeah the dirt will show on em but provided they get regularly cleaned, at least they're not too fussy so not hard to clean they'll still look good cleaned up.

Meg5_NoPlates.jpg

Thats awesome too I want one!

133/225/CLS AMG

Meg5_NoPlates.jpg

Thats awesome too I want one!

Cheers fella, glad you like it. Quite interesting seeing the same design wheels in black and in white!! :D

Cupless
Have to say, not a fan of 182 Alloys (They SUCK), but they look x10 times better in white, esp with the stripes!

106 GTi
Looks ok.

Has it had the front bumper painted ? - missing the splitter, black sticky bits and has colour coded washer blanks ?

133/225/CLS AMG
For some reason it never came with a front splitter. The missus bought it with 6,500 miles on it so its likely it never had one from the dealership.

As for the colour coding, someone caught the front passenger side of the bumper in a car park so whilst it was repaired the washer jet caps were colour coded for free. Looks better than black.

What do you mean by 'black sticky bits' though??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not a fan really

white wheels only look good if they are motorsport-inspired imo...Turinis, Pro Race, ROTA etc etc

Monaco 172 2/468
I don't like 182 wheels, but I think they look better standard. I think being white they make the car look cheaper

133/225/CLS AMG
£240 to refurb a set of rims.

Or £400-500 a set for a brand new set of wheels??? Besides, everyone goes for Turini style rims so at least these are a bit different.

182 wheels aren't exactly inspiring but I've never thought that anthracite coloured wheels suited racing blue anyway. Silver would look better as standard. Making the best of a bad choice on Renault part in my opinion.

SMURF!!!
I've never thought that anthracite coloured wheels suited racing blue anyway. Silver would look better as standard.

I agree, white or black is the only colours that suit racing blue in my opinion. Thats why i went for the white wheels, but if they get scuffed up or i get bored of the white, the other half has already demanded they are to be turned black. ;)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I've never thought that anthracite coloured wheels suited racing blue anyway. Silver would look better as standard.

I agree, white or black is the only colours that suit racing blue in my opinion. Thats why i went for the white wheels, but if they get scuffed up or i get bored of the white, the other half has already demanded they are to be turned black. ;)

I like them, and as you say carina, if you get bored of them you can just get them done a diff colour and it will still have cost less than a new set of alloys.:cool: :)

SMURF!!!

I like them, and as you say carina, if you get bored of them you can just get them done a diff colour and it will still have cost less than a new set of alloys.:cool: :)

Yeah the bf wanted me to buy another set of speedlines and get them done black so i could chop and change between the white and black - but id rather spend my money on something else hehehe :rasp:

106 GTi
For some reason it never came with a front splitter. The missus bought it with 6,500 miles on it so its likely it never had one from the dealership.

As for the colour coding, someone caught the front passenger side of the bumper in a car park so whilst it was repaired the washer jet caps were colour coded for free. Looks better than black.

What do you mean by 'black sticky bits' though??

Ignore me I was just being blind they are there in the first pic.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126062&highlight=stickers

The colour coded blanks look much better.

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Yeah the bf wanted me to buy another set of speedlines and get them done black so i could chop and change between the white and black - but id rather spend my money on something else hehehe :rasp:

See i was planning to keep the original 182 alloys stock, then get another set in a diff colour, like white with a polished lip or maybe some random colour:eek:

133/225/CLS AMG
Exactly what I said to my gf. I said white would be the best colour to match the gordini stripes and worse case is that she gets em done in anthracite again.

Still cheaper than a brand new set of rims.

'02 MG TF160
I like it, tell her to get a cup splitter though, maybe do that in white as well, along with the front badge (like Christopher's), and maybe even the wingmirrors - then it'd really be unique!