ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oooo my new 182!

Astra Gsi + clio 182
got the train to edinburgh for this last friday.

3 owners. 40k miles. stripped out. full scorpian exhaust with de-cat. corbeau bucket seats and omp harnesses. 320mm Omp steering wheel

air con delete kit. powerflex engine mounts. solid alloy bottom pulley. team dynamics 15" pro race 3's

going to order some eibach sportlines soon for it. although it handles amazing already for stock suspension.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: oooo me new 182!

I must be getting old as I can't help but feel stripping like that has ruined a perfectly good car.

Astra Gsi + clio 182

its only a few door cards and some carpet.

he has gone a bit far ill admit

pimp mobile Zafira

^^fair point. Who cares what anyone else thinks anyway you obviously love it as you bought it. Any engine mod plans?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

its only a few door cards and some carpet.

he has gone a bit far ill admit

I think that's my issue. Is taking door cards and carpet out going to make that much difference! Each to their own though dude, will look better when lowered but I think you may need to go down the coilovers route to carry off those rims.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

In an accident, all thats stopping you going through the windscreen are two 10mm nuts.

Move those harnesses ffs! The most dangerous/stupid placement i've ever seen.

Astra Gsi + clio 182
every little helps with weight reduction doesn't it?

i dont want it decked will ruin handling.

Astra Gsi + clio 182

In an accident, all thats stopping you going through the windscreen are two 10mm nuts.

Move those harnesses ffs! The most dangerous/stupid placement i've ever seen.

ok will do. no need to be angry at me i didnt do it.

Astra Gsi + clio 182
i joined this site to learn and improve the car thats all. never had seats and harnesses before.

We are here to help, id change them before you next drive though.

Also they should really be mounted higher, i think they say level with your shoulders. So they pull straight and not at an angle

They can be more dangerous than anything if not mounted and fitted properly

:)

Astra Gsi + clio 182
sorted the harnesses out with new eye bolts and 2" snap hooks.

cars just in at the garage now getting the sportline springs fitted.

bought her a new front splitter aswell and stereo and speakers and re-fitted standard carpets.

also getting a false floor made for the boot.

much tidier already :)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
It's called saving money........
Every manufactuer does it now days..

Yep, even the new F30 3 Series has an unpainted upper inside boot. It's completely visible when you lean into it.

Last edited:
  320d
It looks really good but I don't see the point in stripping a 182, they're still worth money especially a low miler like yours.

If your going to get an RS Clio an butcher it surely a ph1 172 is a better option. All IMO of course.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Glad you've sorted the harnesses out, I'm still yet to own a stripped car, maybe as a second car some day...

You ordered a Skoda splitter I hope? Renault one is a fortune!

If you join up as a full member, there's a fully fledged guide on how to create a whole false floor for the back of the car, looks cracking..

Iceberg 172 Cup
has the previous owner been thrashing it all the time on the track hense the stripping and harnesses and seats, this si the only reason i can think of is to get slightly better lap times. I'd give the engine a good service and check all the mounts dont take the guys word for it as its obviously spent a lot of time on the track. as soon as i saw the strippage i'd have walked away.