ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OO04 182 A27 on Friday

This one ^ (someday)
Came across a silver Clio with the plate OO04 ***

Looked pretty sweet and had Recaros by the looks of things and the bangs and pops from the exhaust were mad!

I was in a white Scirocco R, must of been about 6.30 on friday and I was with you from somewhere around chichester until you turned off in Worthing IIRC.

Is the engine standard? I've always been curious to put the Scirocco up against a Clio to see the speed difference, never got a chance to do it with mine.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Hi :race:

I posted this up on PH, didn't expect you too be an old CS member :cool:

Car is not standard, 190bhp and down to 986kg. Was surprised you were keeping up at first (as i thought the R was 210bhp for some reason!) but turns out its 261bhp and we have almost an identical bhp/tonne :rasp:

You would of raped a standard rs clio!

Pops quite a bit due to the cams + retarded cam timing...did i let out any flames? :approve:

This one ^ (someday)
Hi :race:

I posted this up on PH, didn't expect you too be an old CS member :cool:

Car is not standard, 190bhp and down to 986kg. Was surprised you were keeping up at first (as i thought the R was 210bhp for some reason!) but turns out its 261bhp and we have almost an identical bhp/tonne :rasp:

You would of raped a standard rs clio!

Pops quite a bit due to the cams + retarded cam timing...did i let out any flames? :approve:

Didn't see any flames but heard a s**t load of pops and bangs I was laughing away to myself about it.

I was amazed by the speed of it but to be honest I wasn't having to nail it to keep up, it might be the torque on the Scirocco (about 258 ft/lb IIRC) that was giving me the edge but i don't know!

Are the weight saves just from stripping the interior?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Didn't see any flames but heard a s**t load of pops and bangs I was laughing away to myself about it.

I was amazed by the speed of it but to be honest I wasn't having to nail it to keep up, it might be the torque on the Scirocco (about 258 ft/lb IIRC) that was giving me the edge but i don't know!

Are the weight saves just from stripping the interior?

It does this quite often:
flameage2.jpg

Yeah pretty much just stripping, only thing inside the car is the dash and two bucket seats. Lighter wheels and exhaust too. I kept spinning up at 5k+ in 2nd up to 3rd, worn track tyres in greasy conditions aren't the best :rasp:

I think this is where i make some excuse like.."i would have you in the twistys" :rasp:

The Scirocco looked good though, very planted. Is it lowered?

This one ^ (someday)
Wow so its very very stripped out then, I spotted the recaros but as it was dark i didn't spot the absence of interior!

Completely standard Scirocco R, they're 30mm lower than normal Sciroccos.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Ha ha haaaaaa, well I'm no longer at UPS in the BN postcodes so you are not likely to see my UPS vehicle around :(

Photo of flames = sex wee.

Saw your car at Keen and Betts a while back too actually!

I'm normally always around horsham/brighton/worthing/portsmouth way! Car was probably having its MOT when you saw it :D

LY R26 #288
I saw you twice in one day the other day mike. Once in the morning on the littlehampton road and then in the evening through felpham village lol