ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Onsite Warranty - Help

Hi all,
I bought an LCD tv from Hyundai with a 2 years onsite warranty however after a week of use it has packed up :-(

Hyundai dont have a HQ over here so they use Repairtech.co.uk for there warranty work. I phoned them and they told me they would be in touch next week to arrange collection and then I will probably be without the TV for a week or two whilst it is repaired.

Now to me this is boll*x. Onsite warranty means onsite, not take away?

Am i right in thinking this and is there anything I can do to push these guys as I don't wanna be without a TV for a couple of weeks.

TIA
Dazz

Il try and get a replacement then, is there any sort of trading standards law that state I can ask for a replacement, I haven't had much success with Google.

By the way it was the missus who got fobbed off, im gonna phone them at lunch.

1 Series Coupe
Dazz said:
Il try and get a replacement then, is there any sort of trading standards law that state I can ask for a replacement, I haven't had much success with Google.

By the way it was the missus who got fobbed off, im gonna phone them at lunch.

That will be why then... as i find that companies like that always tend to fob the women off... then when the guys phone up with abit of aggresion and a tone to their voice they play ball...

Revels Mum & Sister
If it breaks in the first 14-28 days I think you can take it direct to the retailer for a replacement/refund

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They don't have to replace it , not straight away anyway . The warranty will cover a repair . If it fails a 2nd time or 3rd or maybe even 4th then you can start to ask for a replacement as you have given them a reasonable amount of attempts to repair it .You can ask for a replacement but you'll be very very lucky if you get one the first time it fails .

With the " onsite " part of the warranty . You can take that with a pinch of salt really , as they probably won't have all the tools , methods for testing at your home so it would be taken away to a workshop where they would be able to to carry out a proper test and repair .

Well heres the result:

Hyundai: Said they can only pick up, fix and return as thats what their onsite warranty means.
They would have replaced if it has been within 7 days. They are going to pick it up Tuesday and repair within 10 to 14 working days!!!! What a joke!

Aria: Im stilling trying to get hold of them, sent an email this morning with no reply after they originally told my partner to phone Hyundai.

Trading standards: They said to tell Aria that under the 1979 sales of goods act I haven't accepted the product as I haven't had it that long. It is Aria's responsibility to sort it.

Result: I'm going to phone them tomorrow as I was on hold for the rest of lunch without any success!

D

dick

onsite means you dont have to take it to them.
they take it from onsite....

172 cup'd extreme
just use the returns form on the website to request an RMA ive delt with aria a few times not been too bad. was it the A321 ?