ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only one rear fog light on my mk2ph1 works

?
Problem

Only one of the rear foglights work, yet there are bulbholders and bulbs for both sides on the rear lights

Solution

Many people have solved this by wiring the fog light bits from the left side bulbholders to the right side bulbholders, connecting them so both are activated at the same time.

Last edited:
  S13
Isn't there only supposed to be one rear fog? :/ I always thought there was just supposed to be 1 and that's the way it is.. shrug.

?
When i upgraded to the phase 2 rear lights the bulbholders had space for another fog light, also, afaik other members have had simular problems.

Last edited:

Cap

Pug 106 1.5 D Aztec powa!
ha ha ive just discoverd the exact same problem when changing to ph2 rear lights i thought i might of wired one side up incorrectly as i had a fog bulb in the old holders but never checked if it worked, thanks for the info saves me looking for a cut wire :).

Out of interest will running a wire from the none working fog from the fog that works not make the bulbs dimmer as there are two running off the circuit not one thus defeating the object of a foglight?

Last edited:
  ?
ha ha ive just discoverd the exact same problem when changing to ph2 rear lights i thought i might of wired one side up incorrectly as i had a fog bulb in the old holders but never checked if it worked, thanks for the info saves me looking for a cut wire :).

Out of interest will running a wire from the none working fog from the fog that works not make the bulbs dimmer as there are two running off the circuit not one thus defeating the object of a foglight?

Dont think so, cant remember exactly where i soldered the wire to but it got no dimmer, think i wired them up in paralell.

Scenic 1.9Dci 120
Wish id read this before trying to replace "my broken " bulb lol bit weird they go to the bother of putting a bulb in it in the first place lol

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
Theres only meant to be 1 fog but some people may prefer 2. However its not really needed imo

Indeed, cos you'll look like you are braking to some and thats more dangerous.

At least nobody should rear end you in the fog!
It's not needed, but looks wrong, it just looks like you've got a bulb out and is really annoying, if they want to fit one fog light they should put it in the centre of the car, like on a 206.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
^ alot, when people are right up my are, flick the switch both come on, and they back away :) or if it really pisses me off i hit the brakes Hard

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
How often do you actually use your reer foglights to care AND you cant see them anyway LOL!!
Cos I'm completely anal about my car, and if i only had one, i just wouldn't use it at all. having one reverse light pisses me off too.

renault clio 1.6 16v
hi guys,

ive got the same problem with rear fog lights, the cars standard mk2 rear lights, i have bulbs in both but only the left one works n not the right? according to a post on here mot pass should be on the right? any one shed any more info for me please. thanks