ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

o2 data is working again in Glasgow.

Hyundai i40

YAY....coming to the dark side JD

Dont miss my berry at all Mr JD :)

Why doesn't the youtube app work on my phone?

I can get on youtube on the internet, but not through the app for some reason. That said, I can't even play any bloody videos through the internet either...

A4 Avant

I'm sure it's been asked a million times, but is it worth opting for a 3gs over a 3g?

Clio 172

I'm sure it's been asked a million times, but is it worth opting for a 3gs over a 3g?

Bit of a no brainer really if you youtube videos of performance tests against each other.

I'd definitely go 3Gs if you jailbroke, I find with mine jailbroken on 3g it is a little slower, however I prefer it jailbroken.

BMW F31

anyone else get a carrier settings update via iTunes today?

just wondered what it was?

I got it last night on my 3GS to O2 4.4.

I now can't connect to the internet and keep getting messages through from last night and at random points from the day.

Does anyone have the network settings for NON iPhone O2 tarrifs?

Thanks

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Yeah igot that today. Wondered what the hell it was. Hopefully stop all the o2 data errors

Well mine's definately 4.4. I've heard it is to stop free tethering.

BMW F31

where do you find out which carrier settings version you have?

To carry my thought process on, thoughts on whether I should buy a 3G or 3Gs to unlock and use on Voda? Baring in mind the 3Gs would cost me considerably more and I would be getting an Iphone 3Gs in Feb of next year once the Voda account finishes . . . ?

Looking for just phone/PAYG/second hand deals, no contracts. Not running two 45 quid tariffs!

I wouldn't buy one in Feb.

There will be a new one a few months later.

OK Dan, cheers fella. Think I will just buy a 3G in that case. Not going to know any different.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Can anyone link me that website that gives step by step instructions on how to jb your iPhone? For the 3g please. I can't find it in this thread.

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER

3GS went flat again today... 3 hours 20 usage ugh.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

3 and a half hours usage aint bad IMO if you are usin 3g and playing games

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Question peeps:

The Iphone 3g, had a few niggles like , cut and paste and mms etc. Im looking to buy a 3g (not 3gs) on PAYG. HAve all these little issues been resolved.

Also if i JB for it to work on ORange will i miss any updates etc?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

but October the Iphone is due Orange and T mobile apparnetly

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

nice, compass?

hows thw monaco?

E87 118d M Sport

nice, compass?

hows thw monaco?

compass basically tells you which way you are facing:

iphone3gs_compass.jpg

then you can press to go straight to google maps, and it shows you EXACTLY where you are, and which way you are facing on the map.

yeah the monaco is back in action mate =D

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=440501

The compass thing is superb, had a play on a mate's S. But then again, like with the viewable answerphone thing, I wouldn't have been worried about having it if I didn't know it existed.

a burnt one

Right guys, im not too technical and have just got myself an iPhone 3gs, how the hell do i get music and films onto it? Dont tell me i'm going to have to pay for music.

Apologies if this has been covered, i did search but found nothing and im not looking through 100 odd pages.

A4 Avant

Recieved my iPhone earlier, can't believe I waited so long! My mistake.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Right guys, im not too technical and have just got myself an iPhone 3gs, how the hell do i get music and films onto it? Dont tell me i'm going to have to pay for music.

Add your music to iTunes and then sync it to the iPhone. Either drag and drop mp3 files into iTunes or imports your CD's.

If you have movie files you need them to be converted into a iPhone compatible format and then added to iTunes.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Has anyone else had a text from 81444 saying:

Iphone Hacker alert.Go to geeksquad.co.uk for more details on how to download your free iphone firmware and stay protected now.

Anyone received the same?

Ive not updated to the 3.01 firmware as i was planning on waiting for 3.1 as ive got my phone pretty much setup perfect fully JB and running fine.

Well as of later today I will be part of the iPhone "crew". 3G, 16gb in . . . white ;)

Selling the Storm, so will be on here and ebay, not that anyone in this thread will be interested.

I know that 172Ben off here has been using his with Vodafone (as I will be doing until the contract runs out). Presume there have been no dramas? The phone will come unlocked and running 3.0 so I will be able to keep the cut and paste function that my last three phones have had over the last three years, LOL!

MINI Cooper S

Well as of later today I will be part of the iPhone "crew". 3G, 16gb in . . . white ;)

Selling the Storm, so will be on here and ebay, not that anyone in this thread will be interested.

I know that 172Ben off here has been using his with Vodafone (as I will be doing until the contract runs out). Presume there have been no dramas? The phone will come unlocked and running 3.0 so I will be able to keep the cut and paste function that my last three phones have had over the last three years, LOL!

White for the win!

Lee

BMW M2C

Has anyone else had a text from 81444 saying:

Iphone Hacker alert.Go to geeksquad.co.uk for more details on how to download your free iphone firmware and stay protected now.

Anyone received the same?

Ive not updated to the 3.01 firmware as i was planning on waiting for 3.1 as ive got my phone pretty much setup perfect fully JB and running fine.

That's what I thought when my better half got it last night. It's actually from Carphone Warehouse, where she bought her iPhone from. Love the panic in the Overclockers thread. All they had to do with go to the geeksquad website to realise who it is!

Without that I wouldn't have known there was an update, as o2 don't seem bothered about letting us know.

We've both just updated ours to 3.0.1.

Lou

You will never go back to BlackBerry now!! :D