ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Tappd'd RS
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

How do you set up two or more folders/category's for your contacts?

IE Bands ( for work ) and personal ( friends and family )

Can it be done? how?

I can do this from "address book" on MacOS. My mobileme subscription then allows me to sync over the air with the iPhone.

If you have a PC and still have mobileme then I'm sure you'd still be able to set this up from the mobileme website.

I'm not sure how you would do it (if you can) on Outlook, Windows Mail etc.

Tesla MP3 2021

If the hotel lets you connect to their Wifi then it is using their data, nothing to do with what you have.

Thanks for the headsup on redsn0w - peasant 2G is now running 3.0 on Orange.

Cheers

Is there any hard cases on the market that cover the iphone ( front , back ) that open out like a book? the screen will get knackerd in my pocket.

Any links?

Thanks

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

The iPod Touch seems to be different to the iPhone, in that I could drag folders and music to it via iTunes with no problems. All I get with the iPhone is a "No" symbol (you know the one, stupid circle with a line through it), so I have to add them to a playlist first and then sync them.

Other than that, mint.

i-Tunes --> Scutch's iPhone then when you see options, theres a tick box saying manually manage music and videos.
Tick the box and you can drag n drop

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

People with 3.0 and standard 3g's and slowdown issues.

Do a clean restore then sync.

Don't restore from backup.

Not a Clio

Broken 3.0 Still trying to remember everything I had downloaded last time!

IMG_0005.gif

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'm being n00b again, but I'm trying to to sync photo's on the iPhone. I go to Scutch's iPhone, then the "Photos" tab. I sync photos from a particular folder, which I then look through on the iPhone. No probs. Then when I go to sync some more photo's from a different folder, the ones I already put on are deleted? :S

I'm doing sumfink wrong, right? Do I have to put the photo folders in a main directory and check them every time I sync or come to add more?

2014 Focus Titanium

God i want a f**king iPhone! But my upgrade isn't until October :(

I'm being n00b again, but I'm trying to to sync photo's on the iPhone. I go to Scutch's iPhone, then the "Photos" tab. I sync photos from a particular folder, which I then look through on the iPhone. No probs. Then when I go to sync some more photo's from a different folder, the ones I already put on are deleted? :S

I'm doing sumfink wrong, right? Do I have to put the photo folders in a main directory and check them every time I sync or come to add more?

Are you syncing more than 1 folder? Not de-selecting the first chosen one?

Not a Clio

Has anyone got the 5 row QWERTY keyboard to work on a jailbroken 3.0 ?

The option to turn in on/off is there but I don't get the little globe in the actual keyboard to enable it. I've tried rebooting with it on and off.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Ok, I think I have it. I've put all the folders I want synced into a folder called iPhone. Now, every time I want to add more photos I copy the folder into this created one, and keep the others checked. If I uncheck them, it deletes them from my iPhone. Right?

I just thought I could add more folders without having to continually select the ones I already had on there.

SchwepTek™

Anyone know the best places for iPhone insurance?

Just cancelled my o2 contract insurance as its now invalid with the 3GS.

Thinking about getting Natwest Advantage Gold as it covers iPhones as well as other benefits but is £12.95 a month.

Tappd'd RS

Anyone know the best places for iPhone insurance?

Just cancelled my o2 contract insurance as its now invalid with the 3GS.

Thinking about getting Natwest Advantage Gold as it covers iPhones as well as other benefits but is £12.95 a month.

I've got a similar package with HBOS; about a tenner a month for phone, travel insurance etc.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

God i want a f**king iPhone! But my upgrade isn't until October :(

Wait until next year as thats when I think they will change the look of the Iphone and hopefully (touch wood) update video recorder to HD. I won't be parting with any money until they up the Camera Specs to include HD. Mind you, at the rate Apple are going that could be at least 2/3 years!.

People with 3.0 and standard 3g's and slowdown issues.

Do a clean restore then sync.

Don't restore from backup.

Some of us had no option but to do this at 18:20 on Thursday :(

E87 118d M Sport

I think apple nailed it when they designed it! Don't need other themes imo

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

With my iPhone being unlocked, can i take it back to apple? My mute button has fallen off :(
Same has happened to mine too, did they give you a new one or a refurbed one?

Not a Clio

I'm sorry but that looks crap compared to the original theme.

I haven't themed it? Just stuck my own background on and removed the carbon from behind the dock.

This is the one I used on 2.2.1

I don't see how changing a background makes it unreadable. It's not like you need the names of the apps, they can be turned off if that's what you're on about.

IMG_0010.gif

Last edited:

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Evening all...Where does iTunes backup all the iPhone's data?
Are we able to backup Text Messages yet?

Currently on a mates iphone 3g and while the typing takes a bit to get use to, the explored is just imense! So much better than the fail berry!

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER

Yeah once you get used to the typing it's a doddle, I just typed this slightly slower than I would on a pc :D

200 Gordini

What tariffs have people gone for? 18 month or 24? and of course.. black or white?

Monaro VXR

Is there any hard cases on the market that cover the iphone ( front , back ) that open out like a book? the screen will get knackerd in my pocket.

Any links?

Thanks

Don't worry about scratching the screen. It is a rather tough bit of kit. Will take plenty of punishment with keys etc hitting it without scratching. It is actually made out of glass and not cheap plastic so very resistant to scratching.

The back however is a different matter. That will scratch quite easily. But you can get covers which protect it which looks like screen protectors. All you need. Mine sits in my pocket and has done for 12 months now with my keys etc. Looks brand new still.

Black Gold 182 FF

Loving my new 3gs- went for the black one after everybody I asked said the white ones were girly.

Check out my 2G iphone in the items for sale section.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

white 16G 24months = win tbh!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Just checking, but can you downgrade after 9 months? i.e. Start out on the 45 quid contract and downgrade to the 35 quid one?

Lou

Just checking, but can you downgrade after 9 months? i.e. Start out on the 45 quid contract and downgrade to the 35 quid one?

Yeah, unless o2 have decided to change the rule on that too!!