ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

What's the best iphone case to get? I've just looked in a few places and there seems to be hundreds available for varying prices.

i have this case in white, a little expensive but does the job well!

I got it because you can slide the bottom off to dock it and its hard case not a gel one.

I also have this case.

When i was rocking the EDGE iPhone i also went for an incase but i had the rubber none slider one. It was pretty slack around the silver basel and would move/stretch when unlocking the phone etc. It only last about 3 days before i sold it on to a mate.

The incase slider is perfect though. Very tough although it doubt it will withstand a heavy fall. They is zero stretch when unlocking the phone. Also its a different type of rubber. It doesnt pull out your pocket when getting it out like other rubber cases.

I went for the black one. I have the 16gb White iPhone but I've really gone off the white so wanted a black one to cover it.

Also a bonus that you can remove the bottom so you can still use your dock :approve:

Id rather pay a little more £25 and get a case with good reviews then pay a few quid for several s**t ones to only find the best one to be the incase slider.

Worth every penny.

Clio 182

hi

Just bought the i phone the other day. have a quick question, i've uploaded some tracks to the i phone but it wont display. how do play/view my tracks?

thanks

Last edited:
  Flame Red Delight

how do i get my new iphone 8gb 3G unlocked? preferably the cheapest and most effective way please?

Clio 182

there company on ebay called i-phone fix who does it for £15.00.

Citroen DS3 DSport

You'll not break it, worst case scenario you fully restore the software using iTunes.

Clio v6

Can I use an iPhone with my PAYG Virgin Mobile Sim chip?

Can I put TomTom sat nav on it?

I make about 1 call a year if it's necessary. Sent 5 text messages last year. Took about 50 pictures on my K750i.

Citroen DS3 DSport

If you unlock it then it'll take any sim card, TT can not be installed.

Flame Red Delight

I am seriously considering Jailbreaking it but has anyone on here actually done it with the 8Gb iphone 3G on here?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I am seriously considering Jailbreaking it but has anyone on here actually done it with the 8Gb iphone 3G on here?

I did it with my 16gb 3G iPhone but it's back to standard firmware now.

Flame Red Delight

why did you decide to go back? and what are the pros and cons of jailbreaking, would you know?

Citroen DS3 DSport

If you want to unlock your iPhone then you'll have no choice but to jailbreak it. I'm on a official iPhone tariff so found no real benefit in jailbreaking my iPhone.

Anyone know why o2 wont offer reconditioned 16G iphones?

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!

Sorted.

Last edited:

Got an iPhone the other day and love it. However, I've noticed the earpiece is quite tinny/vibrates when the volume is turned up anything past half way. Is this normal or have I got a dud? It seems to do it more when I ring 901 for some weird reason.

Citroen DS3 DSport

No it shouldn't vibrate, I'd get it replaced.

O2 are replacing it, no problems, just going to swap it with a new one as it's under 14 days. Very simple phone call. Toyed with the idea of a white one but they had none in stock.

Will see what the next one is like. Other than the annoying tinny earpiece, I'm impressed with the iPhone.

white ftw!

Bizarre, just had confirmation of the order on email and it says it's a white iPhone?! So not sure what I'm getting now as she specifically said they had none in stock and I said to stick with a black one.

Will soon see... I'm torn between the two anyway.

Quick one.

Still on 1.4, 1st gen. Whats the best program to use to upgrade/jailbreak at the moment as i feel like treating myself to the new software, last time i tried it just went wrong and i got mad and the iphone go more dents.....

Merci

ah okay. Just use itunes to update then quickpwn to unlock/brake?

Ayeski.

You need 2 Bootloader files. Give me your email address and I'll send you them.

cheers, which firmware are the bootloaders for 2.2? Just to get the right Quickpwn

cool, i take it its fully cracked and will unlock as well?

Are there any other places to get qucikpwn as all of the mirrors are being troubles some, claiming my ip has exceeded there site limit, i've got adblock s**t etc....

cheers

Do i have to have itunes account for appstore? As i don't want apple having my card details as i don't want to give them any money.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Finally picking up my 3G tomorrow!

Trusty 1st Gen is still going strong too... albeit on old firmware

Citroen DS3 DSport

Do i have to have itunes account for appstore? As i don't want apple having my card details as i don't want to give them any money.

For the Apple App Store yes.

white ftw!

Got the new one today - the earpiece problem is now sorted and they also sent a white one as a replacement. Looks the dogs.

Anyone considering black or white should get the white...

Citroen DS3 DSport

I like both colours, I use a case so it's irrelevant to me anyway. I'd have probably bought a white handset though when I upgraded but that was not a option on release day from o2. Glad you got it replaced and no longer have the earpiece problem :)