ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omp steering wheel airbag wiring

clio 172 full fat phase 2
Just bought an OMP wheel and boss wired it up and the airbag light is still on. Does anybody know which way the wired are meant to go or have a diagram?

It's just come a fuse and no resistors. Might have to wire a sidelight bulb in. Apparently they are the same resistance as an airbag unit

Well it looks like a fuse could actually be a resistor but there is only one. Can't imagine having a hot glass bulb flapring around inside the boss is the best solution.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
You need to buy 2x 3.9 ohm resistors from maplins, less than 50p.

I must of told this many a time on here.

DAR

172 Cup toy
Get a pic of what you have. If it is as I think, there will be a resistor in one of the legs. I had some of those airbag delete looms and one leg had a resistor in, with a fuse as safety.

As below, upper leg has the resistor in-line.

picture_806.jpg

BlackGold 182
i just bought some off ebay and should recieve mine tomorrow, hopefully enough to turn my airbag light off!

I've fiited this steering wheel today but have no air bag light on and haven't fitted fitted any wires does tht mean my air bag light doesn't work ?

M2 Comp
I've fiited this steering wheel today but have no air bag light on and haven't fitted fitted any wires does tht mean my air bag light doesn't work ?

It could be that a previous owner has had that airbag deactivated- you would need to get it connected to Clip to check for sure. Saves you a job if you have an aftermarket steering wheel ;)